Why are guys so protective about their shoes?

Like the popular guys at my school wear expensive shoes like Jordan's. I know they are really really expensive but they're just shoes.. they're on the ground where it's covered in dirt, people spit, and there's food and God knows what. They're going to get dirty eventually. And do other guys make fun of you if your shoes do get creased or dirty or whatever?
exploregram.com/.../...the-Ghetto-Hall-of-Fame.jpg
Just why...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the "Sneakerheads" that are this prissy about their shoes

What Guys Said 9

• First time seeing that which means that not all guys are like that with their shoes. I guess some have a shoe fetish or shoe obsession. They wanna make sure nothing bad happens to their shoes. May seem crazy to most but apparently it's not to guys like him. Just let him take care of his shoes the way he wants.

• I am buying these soon very pricey

www.footlocker.com/.../

• personally i don't care... they will get dirty anyway... LOL

• YESSS! oh my god. how do u kno dat?
    shoes are our sole.. our life lies in the well being of the shoes!
    the other guys dont make fun of us when the shoes gets dirty! its not a joke to b made fun of!!
    in fact, all guys come together as a unit! and classify the facts and analyse the condition of that shoe, and den all together fix the shoe. even if dey hav to play on their lives!!

• I have shoe fetish

• its gotta be the shoes..

If a girl does not take care of her shoes I ain't interested.

• Simply societal programming. Depends on how you are raised too.

• Cause we online have one pair

• Because those guys are really girls... They'll be sucking dick in a truck stop bathroom in 10 years.

What Girls Said 3

• OH MY GOSH ha. yeah guys pay a lot of attention to their shoes and pay even more money for them than girls..

• When I was in middle school, these guys would spend their free time looking at Jordan's on their iPads

• The same way a lot of women love shoes