Why is it called a bikini?

lik is dat foreign for somethin lik swimmin?

0|0
5|11

Most Helpful Guy

• A bikini is usually a woman's two-piece swimsuit that comprises
    panties-style bottoms that cover at least a female's crotch and a
    bra-style top that covers at least her breasts, but which leaves her
    midriff exposed, and usually the navel and waist.. The size of a bikini
    bottom can range from full pelvic coverage to a revealing thong or g-string
    design. It was distinguished from previous two-piece swimsuit designs by
    the fact that it revealed the woman's navel.

The modern bikini was first introduced by French engineer Louis Réard and
    separately by fashion designer Jacques Heim in Paris in 1946. The style was
    not quickly adopted due to its controversial, revealing design, and many western
    countries banned it from beaches and public places. The Vatican declared the
    design sinful.. The bikini was considered risqué but gradually became part of
    popular culture when filmstars like Brigitte Bardot, Ursula Andress and others began
    wearing them on public beaches and in film. The bikini design became common in
    most western countries by the mid-1960s in both swimwear and underwear.

The original bikini style has acquired a positive connotation in popular culture.
    Variations of the term are used to describe stylistic variations for promotional purposes
    and industry classifications. These stylistic variations like monokini, microkini, tankini, trikini,
    pubikini, bandeaukini and skirtini are usually unimportant to the general public. A man's brief
    swimsuit may also be referred to as a bikini. A variety of men's and women's underwear are
    described bikini underwear. The bikini fueled spin-off industries like bikini waxing and sun tanning.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Because it was invented at the radioactive atoll in the Pacific with the same name!
    You know what I mean? The USA used to test its nuclear bombs there...
    Unfortunately this picture is not a pretty as a bikini :-(
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../...ssroads_Baker_Edit.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • While the two-piece swimsuit as a design existed in classical antiquity, the modern design first attracted public notice in Paris on July 5, 1946. French mechanical engineer Louis Réard introduced a design he named the "bikini," taking the name from the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean

0|1
    0|0
  • the word "bikini" reminds me of "fat guy with big ass wearing a small underwear" basically

0|1
    0|0
  • It's called that because when it was made the United States was testing atomic bombs on an island called Bikini Atoll, and unlike today, people were obsessed with the US and our bombs. So, when the designer, I think he was a Frenchman, made the bikini he named it after the island.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should Know your wearing it

0|0
    0|0
  • Because when a man sees a woman wearing a bikini we become very keen by looking at them wearing it cause its hot get it (ba-keeny)?

0|0
    0|0
  • The French designer who popularized the bikini named it after the bikini islands in the south pacific.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are all wrong... they were invented by a bisexual girl called kini

0|0
    0|0
  • bi usually means 2 and kini is foreign to me. It sounds Hawaiian maybe? Maybe kini means swim wear or swim suit so bi two piece swim suit?

0|0
    0|0
  • Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands... Bikinis are an act of war.

0|0
    0|0
    • A Bomb tests... Kaboom all up in your face.

What Girls Said 5

• In ancient Japan, ladies would wear bikini-like attire when praying to the Japanese god Bikikami (匹神). A part of the ritual was to submerge your body entirely in water, as an act of purification. Bikikami is a spirit that lives in shallow waters, and is only capable of listening to prayers that are thought underwater. The bikini-like attire was worn for good luck, and it was thought that Bikikami would be more receptive to your prayers if you wore said bikini.

I'm bullshitting. I don't know where "bikini" derives from lmfao.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Pacific Ocean has a place called bikini atoll that the suit was named after

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it was invented in Bikini island?

0|0
    0|0
  • "Why is it called a bikini? lik is dat foreign for somethin lik swimmin?"

Way to butcher the English language.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean

0|0
    0|0