Do you think women have to look good to be attractive while guys have a good personality to be attractive?

you tell me what you think I am just curious is all

Most Helpful Girl

• This is straight out of my psych book (it's a class on relationships):

"People evaluate potential partners with regard to (a) warmth and loyalty, (b) attractiveness and vitality, and (c) status and resources. For lasting romances, women want men who are warm and kind and who are not poor, and men want women who are warm and kind and who are not unattractive. Thus, everybody wants intimate partners who are amiable, agreeable, and loving."

-Intimate Relationships, Miller & Perlman

Basically, there are certain personality traits that both men and women look for, and physical attraction is important in any relationship. However, men care a bit more about appearance than women do, and women will trade in on looks for other things like money. Either way, it sounds shallow, but the purpose is to have healthy offspring and be able to provide for them, it's not for individual gain. Well, it is in some cases...

What Girls Said 3

• both are necessary. but for girls, it's more important to be physically attractive and for guys it's more important to have a pleasing personality.

• Thats exactly what I mean!!

i know both count but it just felt that its different some how thank you:)

• In order to be attracted to someone I have to be attracted to both their physical appearance and personality. I think it's that way for both men and women.

• I see girls all the time with a great personality but if they don't have a certain look for guys they won't bother with the girl. Woman look more for personality then looks, at least with me the guys that I have dated that would be considered Hot have a really crappy personality because they feel they can and the guys that have awesome personality seem to be the average joe, because they feel they might have to play it up more. That is just my experience.

What Guys Said 2

• Some delicate balance has to be struck for both sexes, but I agree that the scales seem to be tipped towards appearance for girls and personality for guys.

• Men think with their d*** 3/4 of the time

Women think with their heart 3/4 of the time

I would like to announce to everyone that I'm part of that 3/4 of guys ;)