Is This The Perfect Body?

Time magazine put out a photo of a woman with a perfect body back in 1955, I still think she's gorgeous, but most people will think she's big now, what do you think?

pbs.twimg.com/media/BYQb2jqIcAAiSYj.jpg:large

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 16

• I wouldn't say perfect cuz no one is perfect.
    But she has a really nice body. I don't know anyone in real life who'd call her too big. In fact, they may even say she's not big enough.

Regardless, I really detest this whole "this body is ideal" shit. We rarely see it being done for men via the media or just real life. AND THAT IS A GOOD THING.
    But I cannot count how many times that particular picture has been posted on Facebook with the caption "In the 1950s This was considered ideal." And then there's usually another pic with a super skinny chick that says "Don't you miss real women?" or "We must go back" or some other thing like that.

Not only are women being constantly subjected to seeing this by the media but even by your own "friends" are constantly posting this shit like on Facebook.
    And then guys say "Why do women care so much about their looks?"
    Cuz we need to be beautiful without makeup but then only the girls with makeup get attention.
    Cuz we need to have big tits, big asses but don't you dare have rolls.
    Cuz we need to fit all these damn "standards" or "ideals" of beauty and even then, people will still complain.
    If we dare complain about how it is, we're seen as crazed feminists who must hate men. And if we talk about this issue comments are always "men have to be good looking too! We also have unrealistic ideals!"
    Sure. I'm not gonna deny that. But it isn't to the extent of how women have to see it. Also, I am not a man. So I cannot speak issues on how things affect men. I can try and empathize, but even then I'll get comments like "you're not a man, you wouldn't know."

Guys are constantly posting pics of ridiculously hot chicks saying "this should be the standard." And then wonder why they have no/terrible luck with women.
    Well if you expect women to look like her, yea, you're gonna be disappointed with every other woman cuz she has the rarest figures: hourglass. I don't wanna date someone who will make me feel more insecure.

Rant over -_-

• This is so true. I agree everything said here. One guy actually said I live in a bubble world because I think women have a higher standard of beauty to live up to, and men care too much about looks. He turned it around and said it's women who care more about looks, and any woman can get laid if she wanted.

• @Hopefuldreamer8 Exactly. I won't deny that women set lots of "fashion standards", but I see far too many guys posting pics like that chick in particular and captioning it "This should be the standard".
      I don't think I've ever seen a girl post a pic of a ridiculously hot guy and caption it "this is the perfect body" or "this should be ideal".

And I don't understand why guys consider "getting laid" as the grandest of all things. So what if women can get laid easier than men? That's not what we want. Cuz even then, lots of guys would have sex with the ugliest women alive as long as he's getting his dick wet. So it's not really a "compliment" if a guy says he wants to fuck you. They even made a term for that. "Slumpbuster", where you fuck an ugly chick cuz you haven't been getting lucky and it's better than masturbation. That is just fucking terrible. Viewing someone just for sex is NOT A COMPLIMENT, even if you consider the person ugly or good looking.

• Yeah I know. It might be easier to get laid, but that doesn't mean anything. Most people I know (women and men) want more then sex. They want a relationship, and it isn't always easy.

• There's really no such thing as a "perfect body". I'm pretty such the "perfect body" has changed from time to time...
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...-changed-100-years.html check out the article if you want.

And she looks fine! It's just that girls nowadays are being told by the media that having skinny body is the best thing, which is bullsh*t.

• Sorry, I downvoted you accidentally. I actually agree. You're right, the whole "skinny is perfect and ideal" is bulsh*t. I don't know how it came to the 'ideal' according to the media. Beats me :/...

• There is no perfect body.

Let me say this first. Why don't we stop setting up ideals and searching for the "perfect" figure and the "perfect woman" to worship in the media?

Why don't we just admit that perfection doesn't exist and we all like different shit?

Some guys prefer thinner girls, some like chubby ones, some like big boobs, some small, some prefer the super fit types, some like curvy, etc etc etc etc it goes on and on and on.

Why is the female body under so much fucking scrutiny anyway? Men very rarely post pictures of men asking what others think of their looks or even "rate mes" but everyone's so quick to post pics of women asking for opinions on their figure. I don't get it. We're all fucking humans. Girls aren't show dogs!!!

• She's perfect !

• There's no such thing as a perfect body. We need to stop perpetuating these ideals because it has a negative effect, especially on young girls and young guys.

That being said, she has a good body. To the guys saying she is fat - she's not fat. Women have a much higher body fat percentage than men do, you know because we have boobs and grow babies and whatnot. You've been affectedby yet another "ideal body" - skinny and borderline anorexic.

She has the kind of boobs I wish I had though.

• Nope. There's no such thing as the perfect body. If there was a perfect body, then everyone would be able to agree that it's perfect. However, that's not the case. For some people, she might be too thick. For others, they would prefer it if she was thicker. Taller, shorter. Bigger boobs, smaller boobs, Longer hair, shorter hair. More muscles. Less muscles. Etc etc.
    Either everyone is perfect, or nobody is. And I'm leaning more towards nobody being perfect, this woman included.

• Yes. She definitely IS perfect. =)
    (a bit of cellulite on thighs, but what can you do... xD)

• That is not cellulite. Its the outline of her leg muscles. Jeez, girls these days will find an any imperfection on another's skin and call it cellulite...

• I'm not too bothered by the down-votes...
      But didn't I say I thought she was perfect?
      What's with the craziness?

• I hate hearing girls always on about cellulite when its not. I was walking with one of my friend girls and a girl walked out from the gym with really sexy, muscular legs. They were quite toned so you could see the muscle outline and my friend whispered "Ewwww, look at her cellulite" and I was like "What the f*ck you talking about?"

I've heard of it so many times. Many girls are so caught up in the whole "cellulite is ugly" that they've actually forgotten what it is in the first place. Then they falsely accuse curvy or fit girls of having it.. whi

• She looks perfect to me but I'm not a guy.

• well i mean its only cause she has big boobs and has an hourglass figure and has abs thats why its flattering

• Nope because a perfect body does not exist.

• Nobody is perfect. We'd like to think we are...

• I think she has a nice body!
    But for me perfect means something different :)

• For me its not the perfect body. But she has nice boobs.

• its alright

• There is no "perfect body"

We women have different bodies and there os no perfect body we should all look like. Some of us are skinnier than that, bigger than that and more muscular than that. And thank god guys like different things too.

I think she looks absolutely gorgeous and has healthy normal body. However not all think think it's "perfect". But anyone who calls her fat has been brainwashed.

• If only I looked like her, I think I would actually be completely satisfied with my body.

What Guys Said 18

• I think she is perfect. If you expect more than that you are being pedantic. But I guess they didn't have Photoshop back then?

• How is she too big? She seems like a healthy weight, regardless of time period.
    **This is strictly body size not including breast... I don't care about that.

• She's not super fat, but it's not perfect.

• The perfect body depends on individual preference.

But she indeed looks delicious.

• Yes I think she is perfect.

She has it all. Curves, big boobs, hourglass figure, perfect thickness and a slightly toned stomach. The only flaw there is maybe her tummy could be ever so slightly flatter but I really couldn't care less. She's perfect.

Girls today dont want to look like this because the media says model skinny is ideal... for some reason.

I think most guys would like a body that is 10-15lbs heavier than what women consider ideal. Bulsh*t? There was a survey done that proved this.

There was also a survey done that shows men who do like runway model skinny girls are less masculine, less mature and are influenced by fashion, media and society, moreso than what they really like.

Girls, if your naturally very skinny then thats fine, but don't be aiming for a body that men do not even like and just following the fashion. If you aren't naturally curvy, you can be. Get fit. Build up muscle on your legs, ass, stomach. Not only is it hot, its healthier too. Its as hot as being naturally curvy and maybe even hotter. You will not end up hulking if thats what you fear. A girl would have to work really, really hard to have 'man' muscle.

So anyways, sorry for the speech haha :)
    I think that the girl in the picture has the perfect body and is extremely attractive. And I just wish all girls who have the ability to look like that would see how beautiful they are.

• not perfect but her body is very nice

oh and by the way...

SHE'S NOT FAT, because many would say this.

• to big at any time

• not my preferred body shape on a girl, i generally would like to get a girl that was skinnier than that
    How can you say that is perfect? looks are very subjective

• Nah bruh there's no way a picture like that would of been published in the 50s

• Her name is Yvonne DeCarlo. She was best known for playing Mrs. Munster in The Munsters :). I recognize that face.

This is a "pin up" poster and many of the starlets at the time had them :)

• @becca123

I just googled her, she's really attractive and her career spanned 6 decades. A legend.

• She's hot dude.

• yes indeed! her face is not my type bot this body is pure perfection.

• It looks hot.

• She can carry my kids anytime

• She is not perfect but ya.. she is sexy for sure...

• Spot on perfect.

• Everyones different. Not even close to my type, she actually doesn't even turn me on. Don't like the whole wide hips kim kardashian shit

• She's gorgeous. Yes I think it's the perfect body, although other body types can be great as well.