What color should I highlight my hair?

I want to put highlights in my hair, but I don't know what color. I need to know what color goes good with jet black hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• Jet black is a beautiful color and rare too. I don't think you should color it!

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on your skin, with white skin I would recommend a burgandy red

with darker skin (tan or more) I would recommend a really dark-shaded blonde.

The point of highlights (in my opinion) is to change things up to be different, and make it look cool... Don't over experiment as you could damage your hair.

• Your welcome =) try searching for "Jet black hair highlights" on google or something.. you might get some results, or like "Hair highlights" ... idk- I don't have a feminist touch I guess, haha

• I looked at your photo, but it was hard to judge your complexion (I agree with Artist Boy, BTW).

You can't go wrong with very dark red or auburn. You can blow it with bright bleach or blonde.

Try subtle first, to add depth and light. If you want something more dramatic, you can go blonde.

Dan

What Girls Said 4

• i think red, red and black looks gorgeous together, my friend has black hair with red highlights coming through under her layers, its stunning :)

• Ask the hair dresser when you go in to get it done.

• it depends on ur face and ur style, I think hot pink is nice (if ur skin is white), but do thin highlight is better, if ur skin is tan, try with bronze( medium), just my thought, I never try before.

• Honey blonde/caramel brown