What is the fad with Lebron 11s and Nike crew-cut socks?

I don't understand what it is with boys and young men wearing fancy basketball shoes and crew-cut socks with cargo shorts. Is this the male version of the white girl Uggs and North Face? Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Crew cut type socks are just the style of socks men have been wearing ever since the knee highs went out in the 50's or 60's.

As far as basketball shoes go, I don't get that. Basketball shoes are ugly. Tennis shoes are the way to go.

Actually, basketball in General sucks. Horrible sport.

What Guys Said 2

• I just chalk it up to trendiness, an endless obsession to find acceptance and herd mentality, I never really understood these kids and their fashions. Then again, I am a bit of a loner so I'm usually on a slightly different wavelength than most other people.

• crew cut socks are the one type of socks that aren't a fad. They've been around as long as the term socks has. Ankle and knee socks are newer than crew cut. Men wearing ankle socks is actually something that has only in recent decades been a norm.

What Girls Said 1

• I started wearing Nike dri fit crew cut socks for dance because they don't slide off. whatever material they use makes them the perfect texture for turning and jumping. They're pretty durable. I started wearing them everyday in colder weather because when I take off my boots they don't come off. They keep my feet reasonably warm but aren't suffocating.