How do you break in shoes?

besides walking in them? I bought Nike shoxs for my work shoes because the last pair I had were so comfortable. I walk 8 hours a day at work. Any tips?
I also bought insoles for them but these seem more difficult to break in

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had boots that were tight and stiff when tgey were new. And it was suggested to pour rubbing alcohol in them in the morning as I put thsm on. Was a little worried about wearing wet boots. And have smelly feet at end of day. But the alcohol evaperates and helped stretch them out. Think I did it 2 or 3 days. Then they were comfortable.
    Not sure if it will work for tennis shoes tho. It might.

• wow interesting, did it smell like alcohol though?

• I had already tried something else by the time you commented. but it was with putting them in the freezer with water in a bag in them. . the bag ended up tearing and got some water in them, but I put them in the dryer

What Guys Said 5

• well there isn't much you can do other than wear them honey :)

• I'm doing that but is there not some way to stretch the leather? ?

• well the thing is leather stretches over time, you can't really pull on the leather and expect it to stretch by a few millimeters instantly. what can help it stretch though is water, some riders break in their new jackets by riding in the rain. seems like some other girls have good options too that I never knew about hahaa

• I understand. .. someone suggested pitting water in a zip lock putting it in shoes and put them in freezer trying that. .. a guy at work said to remove bought insoles put factory ones in because the bought ones raise more so it's just enough to rub against my feet. . or could be mixture of needing thinner socks..

• First, congratulations on reaching Xper level 9. It's a long way to the next level, but you'll probably pass me. Second, I have no clue how to help you with your question. I got nothing. : )

• Here is how you do it kiddo wear them get them wet and walk them dry.

• I don't break in shoes. I get some that fit to begin with even if it means several stores and silly looking shoes. I like my Altra's.

• I once had a dog named Nike broke him in with a newspaper

What Girls Said 4

• Shoe stretchers.

i.ebayimg.com/.../$_12.JPG

• I know for heels you can put them on then turn on your blow dryer and apply some heat so the sides loosen up

• it's hurting the side of my fee and where my toes are. .. 😕😕😕

• there's some spray to loosen up your shoes. We have it over here in Switz, Im sure you guys in the US have it too.

• oil them with shoe oil/fat.