PEOPLE who know hair help me? My hair is flat and pin straight and I want it to be wavy/curly without heat just products that don't leave it sticky?

HERE IS MY HAIR STORY BECAUSE I AM MAD AND NEED TO RANT!!! Ok, I used to have really long wavy blonde hair and not to be cocky, but it was gorges. I loved my hair! It made me feel somewhat confident and secure. During the summer I went to the salon for a little trim planning on just getting an inch taken off. I was bored while I was waiting for her to finish sweeping from the woman before me so I picked up a magazine and flipped through the pages. I saw a picture of some models with gorges, wavy, short hair! I loved their hair!! I thought that I could pull it off since my hair was naturally wavy. (HERES WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN HILL) Me being my bipolar, ADHD, stupid, impulsive, OCD and a tad bit extreme self, I showed my hairdresser the picture and told her to "chop it all off" she begged me not to saying that I'll regret it and of coarse I ignore her cause I'm so fucking stubborn. Long story short I left the salon with my hair a bit above my shoulder... 13 INCHES OFF!!! I loved it for the first day because of how she styled it. My hair wasn't wavy nor did it have any volume. My beachy waves were gone, replaced with floppy, flat, pin straight fucking hair. Now it's February and my hairs grown at least 6 inches since summer. I thought that once my hair grew back out that it would be the same as my old hair. NOPE! I was still stuck with my boring ass flat hair. Sunday I went to get another trim... And it happened again! I was looking through another magazine and I saw some more pictures of all these celebrities with perfect short hair. Yeah, so I cut my hair just above my shoulders and it's even worse than before!! Since my hairs pin straight and flat in boring and doesn't do anything, but flop. I have mom hair!! NOW if any of you lovely people actually read all of this I need help to find the perfect hair products/routine to make my hair wavy/loose curls without it being sticky! I hate spending hours using a curling iron or straightener to make my hair wavy/loose curls!

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally understand you only I've had some hairdressers make bad choices and not listen to me. I'm just confused because the shorter my hair is the wavier it gets. maybe the way she cut it doesn't flatter your hair. Try putting your hair in a bun or braid while damp. Some people roll their hair around socks or washcloths and tie the ends. Try some salt spray products like bumble and bumble.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Try putting your hair in a very loose, high ponytail. Then twist the hair right to the bottom and wrap the twist around the base of the pony. Then pin it into place VERY WELL and spray with hairspray. You can either sleep in it or keep it in through the day. Depending on how tight you twisted it, you will have big beach waves and a lot of volume and providing your hair isn't too long, it will stay in for a while. If I were you, I would use a salt spray like Toni & Guy or L'Oreal Matt & Messy before you started, but you can also use these without putting your hair up. Or plait it. Good luck 🍀

• I would split my hair down the middle and make two buns and sleep with them

• put it in a bun when its DAMP not wet!