Do guys respect girls who like the way they look and don't wear makeup?

Do guys respect girls more who are happy with how they look naturally and don't wear any makeup? And don't wear clothes that show off everything they have. Sometimes I wear v necks that go down lower but not low that everyone can see everything I have. And I don't wear makeup I don't have one of those faces that is perfect without makeup and it probably would do me good to wear it but I am perfectly happy with how I look and I don't see any need to go screwing everything up. Now I do wear foundation because my nose is kind of red sometimes. But sometimes I think all the guys like the girls with makeup on.

so do guys respect girls like me who are happy with the way they look and don't bother with makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• Imagine this. You're looking a guy, and he sees you with all your make-up on and he likes you. You get married, have your honeymoon, then the guy wakes up to see you without it. . . Is that like meeting you for the first time? Does that in some sense make him feel like you've lied to him? He probably knows that you put on make-up, but yet he's never allowed to see you without. Honesty is SUCH an important part of relationships. . . And make-up just might be one of those things that he's passionate about. Not wearing it, makes you more down to earth. . . More real. To many men. . Myself included. . . That's hot!

Make-up isn't a terrible thing. . . On special occasions, I'd say, Go for it! Otherwise, tone it down at least. Let any guy that gets near you know who you are, and what you look like. Be proud of the face you have, because regardless of how pretty you think you are, or are not, one special guy will see you as gorgeous just the way you are. . . And he can't see you with all that make-up on.

What Guys Said 4

• I think that depends on what type of make-up you mean. I don't care for the conspicuous kinds (like eyeshadow), but the make-up that makes a girl's face look smooth, clean, and soft is worth wearing if you don't come by that naturally. So if you have a problem with an area that can be evened out, I would say wear make-up. But if it's visible as an extra (like eye-shadow, lipstick, etc. ) then I think you can easily skip it.

I don't know, maybe Marilyn Manson ruined it for me, but make-up doesn't make me think someone is so much better looking. To me it's about covering up the irritating irritations on our skin and thereby looking our best. I respect girls who don't wear make-up.

A smile is the best make-up there is anyway. If you're comfortable with yourself and your appearance and can genuinely smile, you've got all you need right there.

• Well I think this is interesting. I do respect a girl that doesn't wear makeup, but I also respect a girl who knows how to correctly apply make p. Sometimes makeup can enhance a womens facial features. It can look very sexy but to much can really kill the look. RACCOON EYES!

I would say you are content with the way you look and that is excellent! That means you'll be beautiful when you wake up in the morning. On the other hand if you were my girlfriend I would be impressed and would find it sexy if you had your makeup done correctly for a night out on the town.

• If you like the way you look, then by all means don't change. Be confident in who you are, and wait for the guy who likes you for who you are. I personally think it's cool when girls don't wear a ton of makeup, because then I can see what they really look like rather than some made-up facade.

• I think that its an individual decision by each person, whether they wear makeup. I've seen girls that look better without it, and others that look better with it. Some even look equally good, with or without it. Guys respect girls who wear what suits them, and makes them happy with the way they look.

What Girls Said 1

• I think guys like girls WITHOUT the make-up moreso over a girl who has a ton on. Plus, if you are happy with the way you look then why change? Confident overrules appearance any day. Natural beauty is a turn on for guys. I myself don't put any make-up on and most of the chicks I hang out with wish they wouldn't have to get up every morning and put on make-up to look like they do - other wise without any make-up they'll just look different. Why go through all that hassle?

I think you'll be fine without make-up and its not like all the girls with make-up on are the only one "in a relationship". Everyone is different and so you'll find your guy with or without make up. The big thing here is your confidence and its awesome that you are so comfortable with the way you look. Any guy would respect that :D