Best place for a quote tattoo?

Hello,
I have wanted this quote for over two years now, but still cannot decide on an appropriate placement for it. In the future I am hoping to become a children's nurse, so I will need to hide it (although I don't personally think this quote would cause offense to anyone.) I also know that in the future I would like to have children, so I have that factor to think about as well.

The quote: The value of life does not depend on the amount of the time on this earth, but on the amount of time given and shared to the people we care about.

Please can no one say I don't think you should get this tattoo as it is my own body.

Thank you

• Side rib
  • Lower back
  • Side thigh
  • Top of back
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• The best placement is whatever you want to live with for the rest of your life! Try getting it in a temporary form so you can play around with the placement of it, and see what feels best to you.

Don't be too worried about it showing because there is always cover-up or articles of clothing that can conceal it. I have 2 friends that are pediatric nurses with full sleeves and it doesn't get in the way of their work.

Personally, I think quotes on your side (rib), down the inside of your forearm or anywhere on your back (excluding lower back = kind of trashy) look nice.

The only place you should definitely avoid is the bottom of your foot because it will wear of within a month. Not that it sounds like you are wanting the bottom, but that seems to be trendy lately and REALLY stupid since your skin sheds to much on the bottom of your feet!

What Guys Said 13

• Top f the back where hey, people can often READ it.

• The best place for any tattoo, if your going to permanently disfigure yourself, is someplace that is hidden by clothing. This way you are still employable and don't look like a scumbag.

• Forehead. Just so you can be that person that makes people uncomfortable.

• Forearm. That's the best place for a quote. Or, since your a girl, in your side under one of your breasts.

• Underside of your bicep.

• Shave that bush , insert " eat me " tag.

• Anywhere except for your neck... I don't know what it is, but seeing "wordy" tattoos on the neck bug the sh! t out of me hahaha

• Forearm...

• Forearm. Inner usually.

• ill recommend you better do what " MichelleJustAsking " says have fun tattooing.

• ( Across chest) Life Is Better Fried

• Just last week my girlfriend had her visa denied because she had a tattoo it was her dream and I wanted to take her to Asia with me on a business trip.

You know people from wealthier countries are having a harder time entering the USA with tattoos, some get visa's and some get in some are stopped at the airport.

What Girls Said 18

• I have a very small quote on the right side of my ribs (only 5 letters) and while I absolutely love it and think they look beautiful there, I'm just warning you that it hurt more than all my other ones. It took maybe 20 minutes just for those 5 letters and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

But if you really want it there then it's totally worth it! Pain is temporary anyway. Just giving you a heads up of what to expect.

• In between your shoulder blades. Or slightly lower. Not in tramp stamp position though lol.

• Side rib. U will rock it

• Shoulder blade!

• Side rib, shoulder blade or on your hip would be nice places.

• My cousin has one under her hair on her neck. She has short hair, to her chin maybe a little longer

• Side rib. Hopefully I'll get on both of my side ribs. :)

• Lower back so you can hide it

• forearm or on your collarbone

• Its too long for a quote so rib is the best part.

• Rib and shoulder blade :)

• No were tattoos are cheesy

• I have one on the top of my back.

• Well it depends. How long is the quote?

• Collarbone! Best tattoo place ever

• I say wrist. Quote tattoos look lovely there. ^^

• It's wherever you want it really. That's the best place.
    But i would like to say, i just recently got my side rib tattooed and was so terrified going in my hands were shaking. But it really didn't hurt very much, it felt like a scratch... honestly waxing is more painful.
    So don't decide based on where would possibly hurt less, because you never know.

• I like he wrist for shorter quote