Can lipstick be worn with little to no make up?

I don't really know much about make up but I've recently fallen in love with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic's matte lip tar and I want to try them out. But I'm not really interested in wearing a ton of other make up with it. At the most I just wear eye liner and mascara. So would make up still look okay with just eye liner and mascara?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it can be and can look beautiful or eekk depending on what color the lipstick is, the outfit you're wearing and your skin color. I like nude and lighter colors, I don't ever wear lipstick though mainly gloss my lips don't need color. They are already pink and can be red some days :) Eyeliner and mascara is perfect with some lipstick depends on how bold you are too! :D If you can rock it you can wear it! :D

What Guys Said 2

• I suppose so. You wanna know what I just realized? Okay, nevermind. It no longer makes sense anyways. Does it? Hey! I just thought of a question to post.

• Lips and eyes... is just fine. U don't have to use all of the makeup aresenal EVERY time! :)

What Girls Said 12

• Of course. To be honest, if I wanted to wear an intense lipstick (for example a red shade), I'd only use mascara at most and not eyeliner because it can look a bit too much. Then again, it's up to you.

• yeah i think it'd look good. i've worn lipstick with just mascara and it looks nice. mascara and eyeliner makes your eyes look good, and lipstick makes your mouth look good. those are the two main focal parts of your face, so accentuating them both is fine in my opinion. you don't need loads of makeup to still wear makeup. a little goes a long way :-)

• In my opinion someone should either wear lipstick and no other makeup, or other makeup and no lipstick. You look like a clown if you do both.

• Of course you can but I think really bold colors make flaws stand out. Colors like red, purple, black etc draw slot of attention to your face and I think make uneven skin stand out more, especially red. Nudes and pinks would look best

• Yes, it actually makes it more casual everyday then. Sometimes I wear bright red lipstick with such little mascara that it looks natural. It gives a whole different look on your face.

• Yeah but light
    No gloss though
    At least not me

• Yessss!!!
    I sometimes dont want to wear any make up, just lipstick and it looks really nice!

• yes you can definiteltly wear the lip tar and then what I would I would personally do is buy clear mascara and use it for dual purposes ( eyebrows to keep them neat and shaped without making them look fake and on eyelashes) hope it helps lovely

• Of course! there is no rule how much make-up you can wear, just what looks best on you. :-)

• yep! I wear dark lipstick with very little eye makeup

• Of course it can

• yes for sure