Why do so many girls have trouble with their bra straps falling down?

It seems everywhere I go, I'm always seeing at least a few people reaching in their shirt and fixing their straps or, during the summer, having their straps on the end of their shoulder about to fall. Why are they so hard to keep up?

Do you have trouble with yours?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes they fall down. What's the big deal?

• I mean why can't they be tighter so they don't fall?

• Ohhh I see. Is it common then to keep the straps a little looser?

• Some girls. It depends. Most of my friends like it tight for the support, I don't.

What Girls Said 4

• The most common reason straps fall off is because people wear an ill fitting bra size. Their band is too loose and moves up during the day so the strap length is now too long and falls down. I had this problem all the time when I thought I was a 34C. In my 30F bras I never have to adjust during the day.

• Why did you think you were originally 34C?

• Outdated fitting methods tell you to add 4 inches to your ribcage measurement. So my 30 became a 34 band. Turns out that is completely wrong. Also, regular stores don't carry bands below 32. Even though I could tell I needed a tighter band, nobody sold them. Closest I was ever able to find was a rare 32D

• Because the bra isn't the right size. That's it. If you go to a specialty shop and get a good quality bra and have it adjusted there to the best fit, you won't have those problems. I haven't had to re-adjust my bra in over 2 years because it fits the way it should.

• I guess because they get lose sometimes.

• I rarely have this problem, but it can happen. You seem to be paying very close attention there...

What Guys Said 0