How to get the perfect cat-eye liner?

ladies im having trouble perfecting this look
www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing

its so hard perfecting that perfect flick and keeping both eyes symmetrical. what are some tips to get this cat eye down pat?

Most Helpful Girl

• The real struggles in life.

What Guys Said 3

• If you need help with makeup then searching for videos on YouTube is the best option. Many many people make videos about makeup. I guarantee that you will find what you need.

• Looks creepy to me... don't know

• well I don't know to be honest.

What Girls Said 27

• I learned from Wayne Goss. I was really surprised when it actually worked! Best to use this method with a pen eyeliner or at least liquid liner. It starts at 1:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3rU_6FpNdk

I never tried this anymore since the first one works really well for me already, but it looks effective too, just a little more work I feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fv_gkpCjTA

• i usually start by making a line on the top middle of my lid and work outwards, so i just have a regular thin line on my eyelid. (after you get that simple line you can adjust the thickness to your liking)
    then i connect that and bring it into the inner corner. once I've done this on both sides (to make sure its even) i do the wing last.
    for the wing it might be easiest for you to start at the outer corner of your eye and make a simple straight line outward, then take the top and connect it to make the outline of the wing, then color it in.
    it honestly takes practice. it took me a few times to get it right myself.
    A tip i find helpful is, if you have a hard time not blinking, is make a small line, then blink a few times, then continue the line, and blink some more. that typically helps me if i can't stop blinking while trying to apply it. also, in my opinion, liquid eyeliner works the best, get a fine tip so your line is precise! my favorite eyeliner at the moment is called 'super-skinny marker' in the shade Carbon Black, by NYX
    hope i helped and good luck, you'll get the hang of it hahah c:

• Liquid eyeliner is important to make this look polished but what helps is to quickly do the brief shape of the eyeliner with an eyeliner pencil, black or brown and then go over with liquid eyeliner and you can hold a piece of paper slanted to get the point if you want! Best of luck xx

• I don't use tape, since I don't really like the stiff line it creates. There's no real trick to it in my opinion. My daily eye make up has been the cat eye for about 4 years now and I still struggle to get both eyes symmetrical. I have different shaped eyes, which makes it even more difficult. Over the years though, I have realized that people don't really notice the imbalance between the two eyes as much as I personally do, so if it's not perfect most people won't notice.

• Somehing that helps me is sticking a piece of paper in the corner of my eyes pointing to my eyebrows like this www.coisinhasdenoiva.com.br/.../...ho-pratico.html
    I guess this technique is originally made for a smokey eye makeup but it really helps for eyeliner too! Hope it helps!

• do it with a liner pencil first, and erase as you please... then line with liquid liner...
    when using a liquid liner, keep your hand steady and free at the same time, and don't stop anywhere in between

• The real thing here is practice, eye shape, good liner and patience. YouTube does wonders go there and see some tutorials :))) You will definitely find what you're looking for :)

• Tape. Just lay it at the angle you want then connect it to the line you already made. As you get better you can remove the tape

• Don't be afraid to practice. Not everyone knows how to draw but once you get it down, it's very cool looking.

• Artistry eye linear the best eye linear ever the pen is so easy it makes u look like a beast at doing make up when really the linear does it. No joke I am very picky and this is the bomb

• I feel like I can never get this right. I really think my eye shape is just not made for this look. I can come sort of close but it's never what I want and I hardly ever get both eyes to look symmetrical haha

• YouTube tutorials! I think Chloe Morello has a really good winged eyeliner tutorial, missjessicaharlow has one that teaches you how to DIY an eyeliner stencil to guarantee perfect eyeliner every time (: Practice makes perfect!

• you have to be the cat lady

• draw the wing from the corner of your eye, then a line from the middle of your eye, connect them, fill in the triangle, then practice it alot!

• That is so pretty. It's so hard to perfect both eyes like if one is good the other one would look like shit

• Draw the wing first and then fill it in!

• I personally like to use tape to get the angle I like and then fill it and make it softer and ore the way I like it. that just how I get it too be symmetrical when I do it and it really works for me.

• use the tape and draw the wing from the corner of your eye first! practice make perfect. good luck!

• I think it just takes a lot of practice and patience.

• Any product will do its all about the technique go to YouTube to get an idia.

• I think tape works best

• Draw the line out 1st then fill it in. As for the flick, I like to use the scotch tape method.

• tape works well :)

• YouTube tutorials are a good way to learn. Every girls struggle

• Use a playing card

• oh girl. YouTube tutorials, practice, and felt tip eyeliner (at least in my experience)

• Tape can work or using a very tiny eyeliner brush they work the best for getting a perfect cat eye also not using too much product and using a light hand is the best technique, it takes a lot of practice and gets extremely frustrating so just take your time with it:) Practice makes perfect!