How much do I charge as a makeup artist?

I'm a starting off makeup artist in NYC and how much should i charge for a full face bridal makeup plus the trial?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well regular full face makeup usually goes for $45, so for a wedding, I think it should be $60. With the trial added in there, $75-80. That's just what I think would be good prices

What Guys Said 1

• Go to Yelp and search for places that do the same thing. Google that business and find their prices for comparison. Make a business plan, do calculations to find which price will likely attract customers and will help you gain money.

What Girls Said 2

• I have no fucking clue, but I would call around and make your prices competitive to others in the area. Because you're just starting out you'll want to go a bit cheaper while you build a portfolio.

• Check out the prices of other makeup artists and go lower. I say go lower because you are just starting out so you are unheard of? So start low then when you start getting busy and well known you can decide whether or not to up the price. Don't go too low though just a little lower than the others... sorry I can't give you a popper price. I don't live in new york or anywhere in the US even.. so "/