Is this skirt inappropriate for the office?

www.citybeach.com.au/.../mooloola-tie-the-knot-midi-skirt

I would of course wear it with a more conservative top and not have my belly showing lol :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you work at Mafia headquarters, or at Bill Clinton's office, this would be fine.
    Anyplace else, it would be viewed as provocative and disruptive to a work environment!

What Guys Said 17

• I don't think so. Women wear much shorter skirts to work often.

• I don't see what the big deal is really but I know there is several places that would actually not put up for it. Take the firm where I work at for example, the three women counselors are only allowed to wear long slacks and nothing that shows cleavege or tank tops of any sort.

• That sucks, you aren't allowed to wear a skirt? I own one pair of trousers. I'm shocked they are allowed to refuse skirts...

• @GirlScoutsRevenge Nope no skirts. It's a LF with about 7 of us and 3 happen to be women.

• I kind of see why. Same rules for everyone. But man, I hate wearing trousers!

• You'll be honey covered salmon in that outfit...
    http://youtu.be/wJUUV0BNWQY

• who is this guy lol?

• damn how unfortunate.. this guy has a real talent for comedy

• @Creeper1o1 I'm constantly re-watching/listening to his stuff, while searching for unreleased or not yet found material. Dude was one of a kind.

• update info with your country and profession details for more precise answer.

Its not appropriate for office generally, but it depends from office to office. Have a look at other female colleagues dresses in office, this will help.

But in office, i expect people to look professional.

• Office party yep and a pay rise too, but for genuine work perhaps wear dark tights with it and maybe a later wear it without them when everyone is used to it. But we all know you are going to purchase and wear it to show them your inner thigh, so go for it albeit inappropriate.

• I guess it depends where you work...

• Um I would say there's nothing wrong with the actual skirt but it doesn't look professional

• I don't think so. I have seen worse.

• No, wear it. It's nice :)

• depends upon where you work... but i would say its acceptable...

• Depends on the length of skirt!

• Unless you work on a beach it's inappropriate

• No its suitable

• it is inappropriate not to think its appropriate.

• It works for me, you can wear it into my office.

• I don't see anything wrong with it

• It's not inappropriate in a "showing too much skin" sort of way. But it might look out of place as it's not really an "office style" skirt. Really depends on how people dress where you work. If the guys wear suits, this kind of skirt would look out of place.

What Girls Said 13

• city beach huh? well i know where ur from :P

i think this is alright actually, but knowing where u work would actually help. if it's something really upstate, id just suggest a knee length pencil skirt.

• That's not office appropriate. Are you the same woman who wanted to find ways to flaunt her body in the office because she got banned from wearing a mini skirt, by any chance?

• It seems like beach outfit really. It is not because of its height or sth. Just the design is really casual.

• It's not appropriate for the office, but I must say, it's super cute so you should wear it for another occasion like a date or to the beach :)

• If you work in the corporate world it's too casual but if you work off the Boardwalk selling t shirts it's perfect

• I don't like the skirt and I think it is slightly too casual for the office.

• Its just not elegant for an office

• It all depends on the type of office. It is very formal and conventional: no. If its a loose atmosphere (are guys allowed to come in jeans or t-shirt): yes.

• no maybe from the office point of view well say its inappropriate but I don't think it is its an awesome skirt too me

• It's not inappropriate but it's also not office attire

• No, it's absolutely fine :)

• I don't think that would be suitable as office wear. Anywhere else is fine!

• yes, it is.