Going to a work party, and I have this sweater dress to wear. Shows major cleavage..is it still okay to wear?

The dress goes below my knee...so I'm covered pretty much everywhere else

Most Helpful Guy

• The dress should be alright but you need to consider what message you may send to your work colleges and people who see you wearing it.

If your comforable with your co-workers and have a good work relationship with them (and none of them have shown signs of being interested in you in a way you would not wish to encourage) then it should be alright. Especially it if is a dress gown occasion.

All guys (and I think girls too) enjoy seeing a beuttiful woman in a low cut dress. Though, this can be an issue as other girls sometimes feel its unfair competition and some guys are lewd, uncooth and inappropriate and unable to politely appriciate your beauty in a healthy and positive way.

In the balance, since there are perverts in the world, you would be better wearing something more conservative to the party and save your best dress / sexy outfit for time spent with your boyfriend.

Final view: Unless its a dress dinner, save your dress for a special someone.

What Guys Said 7

• Absolutely not. Anything to do with work should be tasteful. That's the whole idea of work -- restrained, dignified, and proper. Being a little uptight at work and work-related functions is alright though -- it just gives you more reason to cut loose when you're with your friends.

• You could wear a parka over it. :-)

Do you dress provocatively at work? Then the cleavage would be 'you'.

If not, then you should probably wear something over your boobs and under the dress.

Ted

• might be a bit risky if its a work party and yeah you have to see them the next day at work . think that some clevage might be ok but to show a lot could send the wrong message or make them think your really open to dating co-workers or simply having sex . I'm not sure you actually want to send them that message ?

• Cleavage is always encouraged and should never be denied.

• Wouldnt hurt your chances for a raise, but if your not interested in anyone there, you should keep it simple and decent.

• I think it's a nice sophisticated look with a little "peak" of confidence.

• No. It is your work place, remember ?

What Girls Said 3

• tough one... I'm thinking if it has enough cleavage for you to post online about it, then it's probably too much for work. It should be classy and sophisticated... unless you work at a fast food restaurant ;)

So I'm saying cover up...

• +1 I agree. The dress should be decent enough.

• If you have to question whether or not you should wear the outfit.. then most likely you should refrain from wearing it. yes, its a party, but its still WORK related.

• It might be a nice dress but not work appropriate. If it shows major cleavage you don't want to wear it to a work party. You should still maintain a somewhat professional image even if you're not working because that will carry over into how they see you at work