Are graphic tees "childish clothes" for teenagers or young adults?

I ask this because there were heaps of people on social media complaining about a particular clothing line being "childish" for the target market
also the "beauty gurus" on YouTube have DIY graphic tees on their channel and the comments are the same thing!

Are graphic tees childish for teens or young adults? (20-25)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• When I first read this, I thought you were talking about the T shirts with the designer brand name slathered all over the front. I don't like those.

If you're talking about some of the shirts with some sentence like 'I'm in charge until something goes wrong' or 'I can't remember if I had déjà vu', I think those are pretty cool. Or maybe a shirt you had from participating in an extra-curricular activity or sport, you get the picture...

In some aspects, I see clothing as a way of expressing oneself. That's why I like seeing such shirts; it gives me some insight on who the person is. My style is matching certain colors together, so hm clothing is rather plain words-wise.

What Guys Said 2

• Yet another predictable round of typical "young adults these days dress/act like immature hooligans" - with the same group of non-conformist young adults who believe that agreeing with these sentiments makes them more mature, refined, and sophisticated.

Color me surprised.

• Yes I do. It basically translates to LOOK AT ME I'M SO FUCKING SPECIAL in clothing form.

I'm ok with a logo, but pictures and catchphrases are kind of childish in my opinion.

What Girls Said 5

• They're not "childish", but some can be really tacky.

• Depends, if you layer it fashionably, it could be part of a more mature outfit, but if it's just like a graphic tee and shorts, then yeah that's for 13 year olds.

• My opinion is right with @TheINTJ not childish but tacky. Graphic design is okay but a wordy statement shirt is just for attention whoring

• It depends what is on the shirt. If it says "LOL!" or "BFFS" or "OMG" then yeah it's childish... but if it's something cute and artistic then no I wouldn't say so.

• Generally yes