Does a woman who looks 30 look old or less beautiful?

my mother tells me I dont look young and that I look 30 in the face. she says that because of my mature appearance a young guy will not find me attractive only someone who is 60+. is this true?

i'm seriously considering getting fillers like Restalyn or Juvaderm now
Wow this thread made me feel so much better. i was ready to go to a doctor and spend half my savings on botox and fillers. Im dead serious. I even made a consultation. now, I am going to cancel it and not listen to my mom's put downs anymore

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let your mom get into your head about this, it's simply untrue. I know many women that are 30+ that are still very beautiful and desirable, and honestly I need to think of who they are to separate and. categorize, because they can still hang with the younger girls. Don't go getting a bunch of chemicals shot into your face, I... uh... know someone like that­čś▒ @Kris85 (PS: to be clear, it is not Kris85 getting chemicals shot into her face, just tagging her for an inside joke. This is how "rumoUrs" get started­čść)

What Guys Said 23

• Pure nonsense. I think your mother is just joking, having you on. Young guys will like your mature look, actually, it won't turn them off.

• There are more than a couple women on GaG more than 30 years old and I find them attractive.

They know who they are.

• if you're only 18-24 then sorry but that's not a good sign basically :-/

• To start off. That pretty harsh of your mom to say that =/. Secondly older woman look great too, and a lot of guys are totally into older looking women. Not to mention if you are more mature in general you will attract the good kind of guys as well.

• So if my face looks 30 that places me in the 'older women' category now?

• ^^ for @asker

@kelophenic was generally referencing.. Not saying you are an older woman. You're over analyzing him reference. He's most likely just saying older then your real age.

• i agree with findingmyway. 30 is most definitely not old as well, i know plenty of 30+ women that are very attractive =)

• First of all, there's nothing wrong with the way 30 y/o women look. Or 40 or 50, etc. I think it's hurtful for your mom to say that about guys your age not finding you attractive, and I don't believe that's true at all.

• Your mom is a bitch who also happens to be full of shit.

• Wow your mom told you that... that's sick and not in a good way!

In regards to: do you look old after 30... are you kidding me... there are women out there that look way hot at 30 and up! Youth has nothing to do with hotness level. Its the individual woman that is hot and remains hot throughout her lifetime.

If anything you become more hot with age... they just exude it and know how to own it!

• well no not at your age not a good thing. i mean i've seen girls who ARE over 30 who look super young for their age but the opposite is not a good thing no

just hope you look as good as anna silk at 40... she's older than the girl who plays her mother on lost girl
    img004.lazygirls.info/.../...10f_fG0a613.sized.jpg

• A pic would help immensely to judge that :) however, some people do look younger, some older, but I wouldn't go so far as your mother :D

Aging process also sometimes "stops" for a time at some point with certain people. I have a female friend that looked really old when she was 25, she looked like 30 at least. Now, 12 years later, she looks almost the same and is considered good looking for her age :)

• It all depends some women are in their fifties and they look like they are in their early thirties. Most of is just genetic you can do other stuff though to make your self look younger though cream, getting botox injections, putting on that green stuff women put on their face with pickles on them too lol I forgot what that was called.

• A 30 year old is not old or less beautiful. I don't know about young guys - guys in their late teens or earlier 20s, but I personally would find a woman in her 30s attractive. Do NOT get fillers. If I was 18, I would find a 30 year old woman beautiful.

• Hell, I still find Mariska Hargitay attractive, and she's apparently 50!

• Carrie Underwood and Sophia Bush, among MANY other female celebrities, are at least 30. Are you saying they are old or less beautiful? I'd be quite shocked if most 18 year-olds didn't find them beautiful.

• 30 isn't a "mature" age for women, is it? No, your mom is wrong on this one.

Also, all due respect, your mom sounds like she's being a buzzkill because she's got some insecurities that she'd like to pass around.

• relax, i like girls who look older, sheesh your mom sounds harsh!
    you are 18-24 you are in your prime and i bet you are beautiful =)

i am attracted to older ladies all the time

• I think the obvious missing link in your posts a picture of your face lol clearly. Maybe she's right.

• Lol that's complete bullshit. Some of the most popular p*rn stars alive are in their 30s; so, men definitely find women 30+ attractive.

• No mother can be serious when saying something like that. Is your diet ik? Is it possible that your mom is trying to tell you that since your diet is not OK, you look older?

• When I got down to 160lbs, she was fine with the minor weight loss. She thought I looked good before but did think losing 10lbs was an improvement and reminded me not to lose anymore weight. However over time, when I finally got down to 148-149lbs, this sent her into shock mode and she accused me of doing drugs. I guess she has to get used to seeing me so much thinner.

But she told me that I looked older because I am getting older... she never said it had anything to do with the weight loss

• No, Looking 30 in the face is not a bad thing at all. I know of women who are 45 years old and still look foxy as hell.

• A woman is at the peak of beauty at her 30 ,

• i like older girls. i have dated 30-36 year old girls because i find them attractive. personality is important too.

• So what even if it's true somebody is gonna like it so pay no mind to that

• No. It's hot. Beauty and sexiness have nothing to do with age.

• I had a girlfriend who was age 18 and i was age 35 at the time
    and honestly she looked way older than age 18 and i was dating her
    but there's lot beautiful girls on here age 30 + and I'm little crazy cause
    i fantasize over seeing them with a much younger guy like 18-24 years old

• Women peak much younger than 30, then their looks start to degrade a little every year. Don't get me wrong, women can still look hot at 30, but they will never look as good as when they were 20. Women are most fertile when they are young, which is why men are designed to be most attracted to younger women.

What Girls Said 15

• I am glad your update said you reconsidered medical procedures. I am 32 and about to be 33 and I don't think I look old. Just because you have a mature look doesn't mean you look old. Perhaps your mom is jealous? Or doesn't think compliments are a good way to talk to someone? Either way you should look at yourself and see all the things that make you happy, not the things you don't like. Then look at those things everyday.

• I hate people like your mom, older men tend to look at women who are fuller in other words, not stick thin well some! Half the time when someone tells me how old do I look? I can never tell, take for example Miranda ker she is 30 and to me she looks 20 - when I asked my mom how old she looks, she said 30 so I don't know - I think my mother and your mother have major insecurities because my mom says the same thing - your age men don't look at girls who look like you who look older than you are!

And don't get fillers that crap makes it worse, try a different hairstyle usually the hair makes a lot of difference in a persons age

• What your mother said is insulting.. I don't think there will be only old men who will like you.. And 30 year old women are still young. Shakira is 40 and is still very beautiful. If you don't want to look older though, you can make some changes in your appearance. Your make up, your hair style or your clothes might make you look older

• I doubt no one finds you attractive.
    Women in their 30's can be extremely attractive.

Sounds like your mom has some self image issues that she's projecting on you...

• your mother sounds like a nasty piece of work. Younger guys love older ladies, but 30 is not older.

Your mom is weird and just because she thinks no one will love her doesn't mean it's applicable to you. At the risk of being hideously offensive, fuck your mom, don't let her bitterness bring you down. I don't understand some people, is that how you should treat your daughter? Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children

• Good lord thats not true! 30 is not old and absolutely does not attract only 60+! She is grossly wrong in her observation! I'm 47. I look 36-43ish approx. guys in their late 20's to 60's compliment me. 30 is a GREAT age to look!! And most certainly will attract guys your dating range.

• She tells me this all the time about how I look older than I did 5 years ago and I dont look like a young teenager anymore. I look 30 in the face and the dating pool for me is dwindling. I feel very depressed and dont want to leave the house

• Your mother has serious issues.. Not you! You need to see her words for what they are.. Verbally insulting and grossly inaccurate. Get yourself some help to realize how wrong she is! She is toxic and needs help to realize that her words effecting you like they are border verbal abuse. How about you post your photo so real people can tell you the truth!

• Agree with everything @Findingmyway said.

• I know a few men, and I am not saying this the norm, but I know a few men who are very attracted to older women. Now, that being said, 30 is not old at all. There are plenty of men out there who will find you attractive just as you are.

• Wow. Your Mom's kind of a cunt...

• I'm over thirty and mostly get approached by younger men. Actually it's been like that most of my life. So maybe it's not true that women over thirty looks so bad. Then again, maybe they are just after those riches that us old people are supposedly hoarding away.

• No. Not true. Some men prefer mature looking women. Besides, your mom seems like a total bitch

• Well I'm 35 and I have 20 year olds hitting on me IRL , so pretty sure your mom is wrong.

• It's like you can't go 8 seconds without a 20 year old hitting on you😳

• Well yeah, you're gorgeous. It's okay, I get 16, 17, and 18's still :-/

• men do always pick a younger woman that part is true

• your mother is aging and taking her self insecurity out on you... my mom did the same, she use to call me long distance and tell me I look wrinkly even though I was only 18 at the time. dont listen to her, she isn't being a good mother

• Can we see a photo? I bet you don't look anywhere near as bad as you make it sound! Even if you do look 30... 30 is still young (I am 30) and I highly doubt you will attract only 60+ men as that is double 30! No offence but your mum doesn't sound nice and she shouldn't be saying this to you maybe she has issues of her own.

• That's not true. She's mean. Heavy drinkers, smokers and drug users have old looking faces. Don't listen to her.