Girls like older guys. WHY?

reminisce of my teen years as freshmen in high school and so forth.

why is that A LOT of girls like older guys?

now that I'm older and outta high school I attract younger girls and girls my age alike, but why are younger girls attracted to older guys?

attention like that could get a guy in trouble.

[this doesn't apply to all girls]

POLL QUESTION: do you GIRLS like older or younger guys?

• Younger
  • Older
  • Same age

Most Helpful Guy

• This is psychology 101.

Worldwide average between brides and grooms is 3 years.

This happens simply because genetically, females seek out males who can provide for them the most.

In traditional hunter-gatherer societies males have their peak access to resources in their late 20's when status and physical health are high, or later in life when accumulated experience, skill, wisdom and social status give advantages.

Although recent studies show that females may have evolved a preference for men who show signs of high parental investment. So if you're great with kids, it's likely women would naturally like you more as well.

What Girls Said 5

• because men mature at a different rate than women. so when girls are 16 and likely done growing, guys who are our age still have another growth spirt possibly and haven't grown facial hair. so girls tend to look at older guys who are at the same stage of development as them.

• I'm speaking only for myself here, older. Younger guys have some growing up to do and I'll just get older waiting for them to grow up! Unless I find a guy who meshes with my level of maturity and is younger/same age, I tend to go older.

• cause guys are actually have the brains that 3 years younger than their actual age .. lol its so true,

and older guys are more mature and stable =)

• Well, natuarally girls feel that men should be the more dominent one in the relationship, and lets face it. It's hard for anyone to allow someone younger than you to take control.

• I like older men, always have, I have no clue why.

What Guys Said 2

• That's the basic instinct of females being attracted to males. The male is supposed to be dominant, the provider and the disciplinarian, being older and more established makes a man appear to be those things than say, a high school sophmore.

Of course there's also the possibility that that those girls are just using the older guys to buy things for them.

• Money, Car, Maturity, Experienced in relationship

those are the highlights