Guys would you be offended if your girl wanted to change up your wardrobe or how you dressed?

Just wondering, I have a friend who has a boyfriend and she doesn't like the way he dresses. She feels he would compliment her better if he actually wore clothes he can fit. Which I agree...

My observation of her experiences made me ask this question, and she's asked it to me before and more recently I've thought about it I am not a dude so I'd figure I would ask... Seeing the responses I have a whole other perspective rather than my friend's

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends on how you go about it. The best possible way is to show up with new clothes that you bought, that he actually likes. The worst is to say that he needs a new wardrobe, his style is weak, and anything that could be taken as an insult. Yes, a mature guy will laugh off this sort of thing, but how many guys are truly mature before they are forty or fifty years old?

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't be offended if my girlfriend tried to suggest things for me to wear. I would try out her suggestions, but I'd have to actually like it and it would have to feel right for me to want to keep the new style.

• It would depend on how she did it.

If she simply suggested that I tried some new clothes -- "I think that shirt would look good on you!" and then dropped the subject, I'd be willing to try.

If she pressured me to change my entire wardrobe, nagged because she didn't like my shoes and tried to change _my_ style with the goal of making _her_ look better, I'd dump her shallow, insecure, manipulative butt in the street and find a girl who can accept me as I am and show more respect for my decisions.

• i feel really dress up undecently then he must listen to his gril friend and if not the case guy dress up well then its depends upon how strong relationship they have...

• Change it to what?

• if she wanted to revamp most or all of my closet then I would be offended but if she didn't like a couple of articles of clothing then I wouldn't really care but of course if I tell her the same thing she has to be cool with it as well

• I'd ditch the girl and find me one that doesn't need to change who I am and how I dress.

• It's good to know looks aren't everything with you, it really is... I am serious when I say that... but I didn't say change who you are... what does it look like when your going out on a date to a nice restaurant you all dressed up and looking sexy but your boyfriend has got on shorts to his ankles, saggin, a big t-shirt, and some air forces... the main reason she's with him because of his personality but it's wrong for her to get him to look decent ... guys are the main ones who look at outward first

• I've been to the Opera before on a date where I was the only person wearing a shirt and jeans whereas everyone else was wearing suit and tie or at least buttoned up shirt with nice pants and all the women looked great as well. My girlfriend has stayed with me for 3.5 years and doesn't care about what I wear so long as I stay true to her and only her. The only times I ever look decent is for a wedding and a funeral but at all other times I wear what is comfortable to me.

What Girls Said 1

• If the way your friends boyfriend dresses really bothers her that badly then maybe she should find someone else who dresses how she likes. Your friend should accept her boyfriend how he is. Clothes aren't everything =/