GUYS + GIRLS Would you ever use "cloth diapers" for your BABY?

With costs being out of this world these days would you use cloth diapers to save money and cut costs on raising your children?

Have you used them or not or would you in the future?

Thanks...

Most Helpful Girl

• my parents used them for me LOL! well, a diaper service, which is pretty hilarious and disgusting when you think about it! That poor driver of the diaper truck haha! no, I think there are some advantages to it. with all of the crazy plastics and man-made materials used to create a diaper, it would make me a bit apprehensive about using throw-away diapers, even though they are supposedly tested and claimed safe, you just never know. a cloth diaper, it would seem, may cut down on any irritation possibly of the baby's skin. but the convenience of them is the main reason most people buy throw-aways. if and when I have a child, I would need to have the proper sanitization agents to wash them or else I would use a service. it seems a bit old-school now, but if it were me, I would give it some serious consideration. my parents were also very young when they had me and had to certainly cut back on all costs. my mom actually said that she cried they day I stopped needing diapers and the delivery service ;( it was a very emotional time. like, the truck came no more and she knew her little baby was growing up!

What Girls Said 5

• A cousin tried it. she's a real attentive mom, but to be honest its hard to keep the baby from getting a rash. "Back in the day" when moms were home full time, that diaper got changed instantly! You can't leave the skin wet like that, they'll get a rash, and if their skin chaffes, and then the poop...well they can get an infection. Moms sometimes would have to let the babies run around w/o a diaper just to give them time to be dry. I asked my own mom about it, and she said when you use cloth diapers you are in a constant battle against rash. Save money on breast milk instead. Its just not worth it to use the cloth diapers...or maybe you could use a combination. Water-wicking disposables during the night or times you can't be real attentive, and cloth ones when you know you'll be able to change them immeadiately upon wetting.

• um. if I had time to wash and sanitize them 10 times, then yes. I don't have kids, I really don't know

• I would rather cut costs somewhere else, if possible. Most parents will make every possible sacrifice so that their children won't have to do without--that includes diapers. Plus, I've heard enough stories about cloth diapers from my grandparents to know that I have no interest in them.

• Never, when I have kids I mean. I hardly think it would make a difference and when I have kids I won't need to cut costs anywhere, if I was in that position I wouldn't have kids.

• yes. with my religon I love the earth so going through 5-10 dipers a day is really bad for the earth and its so costly so for sure I would use thoes diapers

What Guys Said 2

• We've used both, and settled on throw-away diapers because of convenience.

Ted

• I would do whatever I had to do to cut costs at every corner. The less, the better.