If you were 14 today or a young teenager do you think you would listen to mainstream music of today?

The likes of one direction Justin Bieber Ariana Grande etc????
I`m guessing yes, since you never grew up with the old music of the 80`s, 90`s and even early 00`s

• probably yes
  • nahhhhhh

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• No. I didn't listen to it when I was 14 either. I listened to country. So I'd probably still be listening to country lol

• Nah, I'd say in middle school is when I started listening to rock and such. So probably not. Before that I listen to mostly pop. Then I switched over. So no.

• I don't listen to much, but I do ocasionally really like a pop song. and certain pop artists from when I was growing up still do it for me. (:

• Nope. I never (not even as a teenager) listened to mainstream music and I wouldn't if I went back.

• I actually am 14 and I hate a lot of the newer music. There are a few songs that I like, but I'd still rather listen to the older stuff. I'd much rather listen to the Beatles or Bon Jovi rather than One Direction or Justin Bieber

• No never liked it, never will

• I listen to mainstream music, I also listen to music from the 90s and 80s sometimes. I listen to everything except for country.

If I was 14 in the 80s I'd probably listen to the mainstream music back then. Anything except for country.

• I listen to old and new music.

What Guys Said 14

• I truly highly doubt it. I didn't like mainstream music then, and I don't like it now. So I don't see why I would if I was 14 again either.

• I'm 17, and I was 14 when those types of "artists" were around, but I mostly listen to old school heavy metal... and I can barely find anyone else who does.

• I don't even know the names you listed there above. The "music" today isn't even music. It's just a bunch noise, in my opinion. I came to age in the 80's and that was the greatest era ever for music. Rock and heavy metal, but also the power ballad, guitar solos, and even "soft rock". Love it, and will never get sick of it! Aside from that, one of the greatest reasons I love that music so much is the nostalgia/memories attached to it.

• No its garbage I know this too cause I read on YouTube comments 14 year olds and teens saying how much they hate their own generation of music and how much they loved 90's-70's music.

• Hell no when I was 14 I was listening to green days old stuff, offspring, stiff little fingers, ramones, black Sabbath, iron Maiden, korn, machine Head, slayer, goldfinger, bad religion etc

• Mainstream music also sucked in the 90s 80s 70s etc.

Most mainstream music is forgettable and forgotten. So then people act like pop wasn't as bad in the past. It hasn't changed.

• Probably. I listened to crappy music when growing up but then discovered old school (80's) and other styles which made me quit modern rap and whatever else I listened to.

• Nope, I'd still listen to my classic rock, no one sings like the Big O.

• I would listen to it as White Noise in the background while I do homework. I wouldn't listen to it for enjoyment.

• I sure hope not...

• I'm 17 and I absolutely hate mainstream music. Indie and alt is where its at.

• I don't listen to mainstream music at all. They all sound the same and the lyrics are so predictable

• I have up on mainstream music when I was 14

• I'm 21 now so it wasn't really all that long ago that I was 14, and I didn't listen to contemporary music then. I don't think it's any better now see I don't see why it would be different...