Girls, how often should I be refitted for a bra?

This lady in a department store said that I should be refitted for a bra every six months whether my weight has changed or not. Is this true? I have never heard of that. Even, if my bra still fits, I need to be refitted?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I think once a year is fine and you can measure yourself, no need to go to a store. Most stores use outdated measuring methods anyways and will give you a wrong size. Here's how to measure yourself using modern standards.

Band = underbust measurement rounded up to the nearest even number (directly underneath where your tissue stops under the breast)
    Cup = bust (fullest part around your breasts) - underbust

I measure 29 and 37. My 29 underbust with the 8 inch difference make me a 30FF. IF you think that's big look again: http://imgur.com/a/m71Li

What Girls Said 5

• If you don't want to be refitted, don't do it. I still prefer it (better safe than sorry) but it's so quick and easy that it doesn't bother me. If you try on the bra though, you'll know if it fits regardless as size so it's really not necessary.

• You shouldn't have to unless you lose weight or put on weight, your bra size changes with your weight.

• I only got myself fitted once. And that was last year. I just try bras on and wear whichever fit right. I'm 34A but I think it's too big.

• I thought it was every year but if it fits fine I don't see the point

• If you're under 20 then definitely once a year. If you're over that age you can do it once a year if your weight tends to fluctuate, and its necessary when you're pregnant, and after pregnancy.