Is going braless becoming socially acceptable?

Over the weekend I went to a club and noticed a large number of the other girls that were there were not wearing a bra and showing a lot of cleavage. I am wondering what GaG members think of this in a club/ bar setting? Girls, do you go braless when at a bar/ party/ club and if so, do you show cleavage/ side boob?

• I go braless and show cleavage/ side boob
  • I go braless but try not to show cleavage/ side boob
  • I don't go braless and am not tempted to go braless, but do show cleavage/ side boob
  • I don't go braless and am not tempted to go braless and dont show cleavage
  • Am tempted to go braless

Most Helpful Girl

• i honestly wouldn't mind going braless as long as it's a hella great fitting top, my nipples aren't showing and my location is 'casual'.
    Anyway, I don't know about it being 'acceptable' per se, because as u mentioned, u were in a club, and let's just be real, most women there aren't wearing much to begin with.

i think there's a time and place for everything. like, u can't go into the office without ur bra on.

What Guys Said 14

• It more depends on what you want and need. Some women need a bra for support or else the size of them hurts. So other than health reasons it depends mostly on where you are going and then what you want. Sometimes for work I have to be well dressed which means a under shirt is worn under my button up shirt. Some clubs ask that people dress up to go in while others don't care. Times where the place you're going to doesn't care then it's up to you and what is comfortable.

• Being a woman is becoming more socially acceptable. Being a man is becoming less so. You can thwart most criticisms on women pretty easily these days. Enjoy your freedom but people will judge you quietly regardless of what you do. Fuck em. Be comfortable.

• I go braless all the time and never feel any shame

• In my culture women are actually shammed for wearing bras they think it shows more of their boobs and its slutty its funny how different cultures can be. Most women in Iraq don't wear bras, but the thing with that is if you don't wear a bra now your nipples are showing.

• Women at clubs are not trying to dress modestly. That's why they go bra less. It's not exactly becoming socially acceptable either because not a lot of women want their nippies to bleed through and for me to look down their crop tops.

• I've seen some studied linking bras to breast cancer so... perhaps it would be in the benefit to stop wearing them.

• I think it's good that some girls do that.

I mean men should be able to recognize "easy girls" that are useful as one night stands and some additional signs that would indicate that are always welcomed.

• Because they choose to not wear an article of clothing that correlates in no way to their sexual life?

Logical.

• @sandyyy_
      Men go to clubs for 2 reasons (if you haven't noticed, OP stated that she noticed that in a club):
      1.) To get drunk
      2.) To pick up some one night slut and get laid.

Girls go to clubs to:
      1.) Dance and have fun.
      2.) Tickle their ego by having attention from males.
      3.) Get drunk by having fools buying them drinks.
      4.) Get laid.
      5.) They don't know themselves the fuck they're doing there.

As you can see, men have less objectives than girls, thus there should be more signs that would indicate what kind of objectives a girl has in mind. Going to a nightclub bra-less indicates to males you're rather "easy" whether you like it or not. You can stay in your own pink politically correct feminist bubble world, but IRL this is how male brain works on basic instinct level.

Good evening.

• I can tell by that little"good evening" at the end you think you really made your point with your long ass reply but my point still stands but damn, looks like you've really figured out the female mind, poor me :(

• Do what you feel is more comfortable. If you do that to catch attention, then you are kind of ina dead circle, making posts a couple of weeks later "omg, why do all guys only wanna sleep with me, wtf?"

• aaah in sweden is the discussion if girls should be allowed to swim topless in pools

giggity :D
    so yeah braless decreases breast sagging too!

• Cleavages is common nowadays... But going braless not... :D

• I'm not against it at all. Just saying you could get arrested. Tred lightly.

• If your tits are socially acceptable... sure

• This works really well if your boobs look great when you're topless. It's super hot on girls who have natural boobs that are big, yet firm with a great shape!

• Think it depends on what you're wearing with it, not whether you should wear one or not

What Girls Said 18

• Going braless sounds like a painful experience. To be fair, I have DDD/F's, so my bra is like my holy grail, otherwise moving too fast would get me smacked in the face. However, I absolutely know girls who only wear bras about 50/50 because they fit the more backless clothing options. It really depends.

• I can't go out braless becuase of the type of figure I have but I know ladies with different arrangements can. Like Male Anon said it depends on what you wear. I think it also kind of depends weh you consider a bra. Like is a strapless silicon really a bra? It just depends.

hahaha! I just love wearing my bra...

• I don't care whether it's socially acceptable, I'll go out frequently not wearing a bra. It's comfortable

• I don't wear bras anymore, they're uncomfortable and I just don't have any need for them at my size (32B). I like a hint of cleavage, like 1-1.5 inches.

• When you have DDs, going braless is kind of intimidating. In afraid of injuring someone if these things aren't in check while out in public

• I'm very busty and I become concerned with a wardrobe malfunction if I am dancing lol. I see these women go braless who are about my size and age. It looks really ratchet. However, if you wear a halter and it's at least as supportive as a bra, that might be ok.

• There are places where very busty women go around braless? I need to go to these places! by the way what does ratchet mean in this context?

• Don't worry, I'll let you off. It's a nice way to lose concentration lol

• I don't go clubbing, for one. But you have to understand that clubs are places where most women wear little clothing anyway. So going without a bra may be acceptable there. But I still don't see it much outside of that setting. I go without a bra whenever I can. Except when I go to my classes or when there's a possibility that my boobs will be visible (when I have to bend over a lot or when my shirt is thin, for example).

• Men show of there chests, why can't we, again it's western society that's make a deal of sex and sexuality, wheni am at the beech I always go topless.

• respect

• Thank you, I think it has help me to go bra as in my ballet career I never wore bra or knicker, my tutu had a small knicker and bra liner for modesty, but in costume changes there was lots of bare skin, so I fee l natural to be braless

• I like going braless 'cause I think it's healthier although I try not to let my nipples show -that's my only insecurity about being braless

• Just because someone's doing it, it doesn't mean I'm going to do it.

• I go braless at home but rarely ever when I'm going out.

• If I didn't have big boobs, I would go bra less often lol

• I only go bra less when I'm sleeping at home. But I don't think I would ever not wear a bra outside

• Sometimes if the girl is small enough and it's not plainly obvious it's fine.

• No but in the mid 90's to early 2000's it was. Whenever I watch movies and shows and music videos from that time all I see are nipples everywhere. I'm sure it will go back to that style eventually. I still think we're in the heavily padded bra cleavage up to your neck era. Its more about pantieless than braless.

• Well I don't go to clubs or parties but I don't go braless because I don't like the feeling of gravity pulling down my tits. Also, I almost never show cleavage and never show side boob because I feel more comfortable when I'm covered up.

• Doesn't it kind of make you look like a slut?
    I would never go out braless.