Question to all of my GAGirls about Makeup/filters?

Do you wear your MAKE UP or does it wear YOU? I'm asking this because I've noticed that a lot of girls will allow their MAKE UP, to make them, them. Heck they won't post a picture on social media without 1 of those 2 things, IF NOT both being present. Now I'm not bashing girls that wear makeup, because it can make a cute girl into gorgeous BUT AT THE SAME TIME it can also make an ugly girl IMHO, decent if not semi above average looking. But that's the thing it's all "FALSE BEAUTY" IMHO since the moment that she pulls off that mask, most guys will think' HEY THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAW/how you looked AT THE MALL" When I approached you LOL Question to all of my GAGirls about Makeup/filters? I consider that the normal amount of makeup (eyeliner.mascaras) and cheek powder stuff would be okay also if though I don't think she has on none in that photo Point being with or without it she's still going to be cute/beautiful IMHO I know I always post pictures of myself on here, but this time I have a reason for it. This is me like in 98% of my pictures no filter/shading etc just my natural look WITH A real filter, as I like to call it (sweat, shade. sun etc) you know how I'd look in real life I'm the type of guy who likes to get "WHAT HE SAW". So that is why I never use filters/hide behind them Now you have a rare photo of me using a filter besides B/W (use that 99% of the time) if I'm using a filter in this photo I look relatively the same. But it just doesn't feel right for me since I'm not used to using them. BUT THAT'S THE THING I know people who will literally not even post a pic of them without an FILTER/Make-up,

Anyone else get annoyed/laugh at those types of people. I wonder how can you be ashamed/scared to WEAR your natural look Hmm.

GAGuys y'all can also also since I'm sure you guys are tired of seeing girls CAKED UP with the MAKE UP, right? ^^
http://i.imgur.com/J3giFep.jpg?1 LOL MAde by @miserybusiness where ya come up with that idea?
Bump

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 40

• I almost always wear makeup. If a guy doesn't realize that my eyelids aren't naturally gold... well then I don't know what to say about him lol. I love makeup and that's all there is to it. If a guy likes natural girls I suggest he find erykah badu. I'm a glam type chick

• If a guy doesn't realize that my eyelids aren't naturally gold... well then I don't know what to say about him LOL TRUE ^6

• LOL! best answer ever... But actually Erykha does wear make up too yaknow, just not that much...

• If a girl likes makeup let her wear makeup.
      I don't get why people judge. If a girl think she looks delightful wearing it, let her be.

• Sadly, I had the dreaded cake face going on some years ago. I actually didn't start using make up til I was 17. I honestly thought I looked like hot shit and the guys didn't seem to be bothered by it either.

Then I decided to go natural for a while, no make up, left my hair curly instead of straightening it and after a month. I put a full face of make up on and I felt ridiculous. I don't even like to look at old pictures of myself anymore, it looks so fake. Now I'm like 90% natural, 10% makeup.

• I wear make-up because it's fun , I don't do it to cover up anything, i have subtle acne but it doesn't bother me. I have the confidence to leave the house and pose for non make up faced photos. I like playing around with different ideas , different looks that may suit me , or may not. I think it's fair to say most women/girls wear make-up for them , not for anyone else and don't do it to hide things. I suppose it comes down to personal choice. I'm on many a makeup board online and fb , and often see women post before and after selfies and there's always one that will say 'thank god for makeup' , but when i see their before selfies I think girl you look good , what you talking about? ha ha. The only issue I have with myself is my eyebrows , if they look gank I am not leaving the house 'til theyre sorted. It's probably my only insecurity. Break outs or un even skin toned i do not care , i will leave. To trace back, i think we women in this society are almost forced to wear make-up , society informs young girls that without makeup they look ugly. That's quite sad. We should be happy in our skin, warts and all!! :)

• I do wear make up everyday.
    But I don't use any base or liquid stuff though. Only a light day cream (Nivea) and loose powder over it.
    Eyes get done more or less depending on where I am going and on my outfit. But the basic daily look would be some neutral or dark grey eye shadow and a fine liner. mascara always. Something like this:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...77c3e8a1df.jpg

The girl in your post is really pretty, and she is hardly using any makeup exept on her eyes. I see nothing wrong with that.

This type of makeup however is just horrible:
    s.likes-media.com/.../...7e20decea2dab7cd.600x.jpg

• Oh I know she has the perfect amount (#^ ^#)... hell she's damn near perfect

LOL at that FAIL pic ^^

• I wear natural make up to amplify certain areas and to make me look less like a zombie. :') It's not so much that I look like a different person and I often go without make-up if I'm not seeing many people that day.

I do alter pictures but only if the colours are very bland to bring some colour into it!

• I don't wear makeup daily. Hell, I don't even wear it weekly. Maybe a few days out of the month. And even then, it's just eyeliner and mascara most times. Occasionally I'll throw on a lippy but mostly it's just lip balm. I don't consider that makeup compared to what most other girls wear. It's just never been my thing. It's too time consuming lol. And I rarely use filters too. I don't know, maybe that's why I always look at other girls pics and wonder why mines never looks as good.

• I don't understand the girls who cake it on, either. They look repulsive. A little goes a long way if you're trying to highlight certain features of your face.

Like my eyes are the best part of my face so I'll wear mascara. But in my entire 22.5 years I've only ever worn foundation/concealer/blush ONCE and that was to see what the fuss was about. I hated it. It stinks and it looks tacky. No matter how close you get to your shade of skin you can still tell that you're wearing it.

• Agree with the eyeliner/shadow stuff helping all/most girls out ^^, and the rest of what ya said.

• I wear make up. It doesn't wear me.

I started not wearing it to work because I work in a kitchen and I ended up sweating it off and looking like the joker. So after not wearing it there, when I added more jobs and things to do to my plate, I simply didn't have the time to apply it all the time.

I'm not wearing make up right now and I'm about to go to work looking like this. Although I will sort out my bed hair. Classy bird right here.

• Oh, it's not really any of my business. I don't usually hit on girls, so it doesn't bother me. I never really got how guys can't figure out what a girl looks like without makeup, but I guess I just have a trained eye.

• I can tell depending on her skin complexion LOL

I saw a sister on her 1 time that looked decent with makeup on BUT THEN SHE TOOK IT OFF ALL IMMA SAY IS THIS "EWWWWWWW" almost threw up LOL

• Ah man, my current picture does that lol What does "Bump" mean? :P

• Bump = bringing a question/thread back into the feed lol

• I don't wear makeup everyday actually, when I do it's just a little and I don't really love putting a lot but I do it anyway. I mean the process is fun, maintaining it during the day blows and removing it is torture. So I try to keep it to low amount of products. I wear the makeup, the makeup doesn't wear me, when I take it off I still look like me. The makeup I put does enhance certain things on my face but I feel bad that I don't look as pretty without it on HONESTLY. I'm not afraid to admit it and I am not afraid to walk around people who see me with makeup on and then see me without it.

• Sometimes i dont wear make up at all, other times i love wearing make up. I do it for myself and dont give a fuck if a guy thinks i look different or uglier with or without it. Sometimes it just makes you look fresher.

• Not into makeup. I wear mascara but that's it. I experimented with BB cream but found it to be too expensive and too much work for such a slight difference in skin tone

on the rare occasion I take a selfie I use a filter but nothing extreme. I don't have flattering light in my house so my skin tends to look weird. Also not a fan of my freckles and black and white takes care of that.

I agree some girls go way overboard. They end up looking like a 10/10 in pictures and... just... less attractive in person.

• I wear makeup but usually not a lot. For me it's very fun. I love doing different styles wirh my makeup and clothing for that matter. My friends are always like "why are you wearing a dress when you're staying home?" Because, I just feel like it. It makes me happy. Same with filters they are just fun. I've done most pictures without filters and some without makeup. I'd prefer to keep the no makeup to real life and not pictures though.

• This might be MHO when it's all said and done ^^

Ain't nothing wrong with a dress around the crib even though you aren't going anyway IMHO

• I love how most girls are saying they don't wear any lol... I'm calling bluff!

• I agree to some extent... I'm sure most mean noticeable makeup, not none at all because then 90% of them would be lying LOL

• I don't wear makeup because just like what you said it's false beauty, every girl is beautiful without it and they don't need it. Natural beauty is better honestly, the same with filter I don't use those either because it hides your natural look, I don't laugh at girls because I understand why they put makeup on and why they use filter or uses both makeup and filter.

• " Natural beauty is better honestly" AGREE with everything you said but especially that and I meant to say something about that ^^. Seems that natural beauty is becoming a lost trend these days if that's even possible

• LOL that'll work also I guess ^^

• Haha yes because I have done it before

• I only have two makeup items. That is eyeliner and lipstick. I wear eyeliner when I go to office... Yes, cause my eyes are little swelled when I wake up in the morning. I wear lipstick only when I go to party or something.. When it comes to makeup, less is more

• My face without it is frightening.
    http://prntscr.com/75ddob
    http://prntscr.com/73w83r

• All I wear is eyeliner and red/pink lipstick.

I think that's a normal amount of makeup. at least I'm not putting on concealers, Bb creams, mascara, lip gloss, foundation, powder, eyebrow pencils, water line eyeliners, bronzer, and blush all at once for one day.

• I wear makeup daily. It takes me 5-10 minutes to apply. I don't let it wear me though. If I were to take it off I would still look like myself. I like to look as natural as possible. I don't contour or highlight my face to make my facial features appear different. I have pale skin that get red easily so I use foundation to even it out. As long as you don't change your face, I think makeup is great for girls.

• I wear make up tastefully so I'm still recognizable without it. I agree that some girls go overboard and it even makes some of them ugly because they don't know what the hell they are doing looking like Ii or Bozo the clown lol. I rarely wear make up any way because if that is what will get me more attention then being in my natural state then I don't want superficial attention from someone that would not take a second look at me without make up.

• Don't usually wear make up. If I do, it's minimal.

• I wear mine to cover up little imperfections (pimple or two) otherwise I would just wear eye stuff. Today though I went to school with no makeup! Haven't done that in a long time.

• bro you should give make up a chance, I think you'd look wonderful
    http://i.imgur.com/J3giFep.jpg?1

• I never wear make up, I'd end up looking like a clown. I'm blessed with decent skin so I don't need it to cover up spots and my mum doesn't use it either, so it hasn't been the natural transition like it is for some girls. I occasionally use filters, but that's to improve photo quality, I look like me and I guess im going to have to get used to it, rather than wasting my time changing it. Not that I always think that 😂

• Makeup is so much fun! but I don't always wear makeup take my profile picture for example; I'm not wearing makeup. Another thing is that soccer and makeup don't get along, so I only get to wear makeup on weekends lol

• I don't wear makeup or use filter
    I'm usually a natural girl , unless for work
    in that just eye liner and mascara

• I don't really wear make up. No amount of paint will hide what I don't like about my face.

• I only really wear makeup if I'm going somewhere nice. But on a daily basis you'll only see my walk out of house with face cream and eyeliner.

• i agree with you! i didn't start wearing make up til i was in 9th grade, Make up is actually for ugly people that aren't happy with themselves i dont really care if i offended anyone by that i wear make up maybe 2 times out the week not EVERYDAY DAILY, because im happy with my natural look!

• I don't wear make up. The most make up I wear is eyeliner and that's saved for special occasions or events. I was told I should learn though as make up is one of the skills a girl needs. Lol im still thinking about that tho

• The only makeup I own is for Halloween and that's the only reason I wear it.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 4

• i have worn make-up in a few occasions basically... but not forv everyday use

• Hey I see nothing wrong with that ^^ ( I don't do it BUT I know/see why you would depending on the/a situation)

• When I see a girl with makeup caked on her face I feel like if I touch it there's gonna be a handprint on her face and a bunch of makeup residue on my hand lmfao. I'm pretty sure I'm stupid and thats probably not even how make up works.

• NOPE SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT and I wouldn't even want to test that theory out lol

• For the longest I thought make up was just lipstick and mascaras until I heard the saying, "put my face on".

• LOL "Put the face on" sounds about right OR what 1 GAGirl called it (war paint) l

• Interesting question.