Will they ever invent shorts for guys that don't look completely stupid?

I'm getting a smidge tired of wearing pants all throughout the spring and summer months simply because the only shorts options for guys are the horrific plaid crap, and those ones with whales and crap on them. Alternatively there are cargo shorts and all I have to say is "no". Khaki's in general can go die in a hole as well. I'm at a loss.

Also basketball or sports shorts are bleh. You can't wear them to anything nice. They look like poop to me personally anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• I love cargo shorts on guys!

• Don't denim shorts exist?

• Yeah but they look goofy unless they are chopped or rolled at the knee

• Crop them yourself?

• That's what I've done for the most part if I'm desperate to wear shorts.

• These in black?
    t1.gstatic.com/images

• Be honest with yourself. Would you give a guy a blowjob if he was wearing those?

• And yeah they don't have to be formal. Its just that cargo shorts and sports shorts are very informal

• Thoses look nice

What Guys Said 7

• I like the plaid joints. Also, I wouldn't have because R dead in anything BUT cargo shorts back in my Abercrombie days, but I realize that's like a decade ago. But I never heard a bad word about cargoes until Jonah Hill had that "no one's gotten a handjob in cargo shorts since 'Nam", which is funny, but wildly inaccurate and kind of dumb to make or break a style on. My rules for shorts are just that they touch your knees. I hate those fruity yacht club looking shorts that only go to your mid-thigh, probably the ones with whales on them, haha, although I'd think they were fresh if they were longer. Check out American Eagle. They have "longboard" shorts that hit your knee in cargo an non-cargo styles, and all types of colors or just plain khaki.👍

• Autocorrect is slaughtering me today...
      "I wouldn't have been caught dead in anything but cargo shorts..."

• my training shorts aren't bad at all. no pockets though but I mean its in the name.. "training" lol. its basically MMA style shorts.

• I wear the loudest fucking madras plaid shorts imaginable. Ideally patchwork.

• Do people complement you on your shorts ever?

• Mostly t-shirts. Sometimes long sleeve collar button ups though. Depends.

• It's sort of possible to pull off like a linen shirt (buttoned) rolled sleeves with shorts. A plain khaki or linen in that case. But generally if you need shorts, you need short sleeves too. the 'in between' the two shirts you mentioned is a pique polo shirt, which goes with almost any shorts.

T shirts are pretty plain and shapeless, and i'd probably pair with a short with more detailing. Get something with similar loose/tightness to your tops.

• You could try a style you would like to wear that isn't popular.

• I wish we could do what chicks do and walk around in spandex. But I live in Topeka Kansas right next to the westboro baptist church so I might get assassinated if I do that.

• Lol wow. I say wear what you want and feel comfortable in.

• Personally, I don't think sport shorts look stupid
    Other than sport shorts, I think all shorts look stupid. No matter what gender is wearing them.

• There are so many options for shorts. Stop shopping at TJ Maxx and go to store that has a real selection.

• Why not you? Why not today?

• My solution has been to take skinny jeans and chop them at the knee, and kind of roll them up a bit. That's the best I came up with.

• I have to admit I wouldn't know how to fix this. There's nothing that's form fitting for every leg for males.