Does a girl's style change the way you feel about them?

I dress different then most girls in my school. I don't were hollister and aero and things of that sort. So many people judge me for it. There was a guy who told me he had feelings for me but didn't want to date me because his friends would make fun of him for dating some one how dressed like me. I was so p*ssed!

Girls: Has this happened to you?

Guys: Have you ever done this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always worn what I wanted to, like PJ's in public and funky color combination's. I dress for comfort and to satisfy my standard of style. I know there are people out there who consider me fashion mess, but I don't dress for them - so it has always puzzled me that others are offended by what I am comfortable in.

I guess for some, and you will see it frequently with young people, what you wear is more than just covering up nakedness. Fashion is an artistic expression at times, but it's a personal one so for others to judge you based on their own standards (which is usually dictated by the masses) reveals their banality and shallowness. I've always believed it's boring to be the same as everyone else.

A lot of people are afraid to honestly express themselves; dissent could potentially lead to rejection. Life is smoother when you act like everyone else. Much more satisfying though to be however you want to be, despite the possibility of "not fitting in".

I'm glad you're true to your own tastes, and as you mature your peers will appreciate (though not openly) the fact that you weren't afraid to express yourself as you saw fit.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• i have never done this. it is not right. if you love someone you don't care what they look like because looks don't matter. it's all about how you feel inside. don't ever change because one day that right guy is going to come along and tell you how perfect you are and you will know it is true. hope this helps... like I said DON'T CHANGE! YOU ARE PERFECT!

X cameron X

• A girl's style won't change the way I feel about her, but it will change my first impression of her. I can't stand all of that abercrombie hollister crap, and it would be a turn off, but if I really liked the girl it wouldn't matter. I really like girls that have their own style and don't just wear what's "popular". If that guy didn't want to date you because of the clothes you wear you should be happy that you're not dating. I doubt you would want to be with a guy who's that shallow.

• Wearing logo clothing is dumb. The only reason people wear logo clothing is to show off. Good style is not in the logo, it is in the look. I would not consider a $60 t-shirt that says "Abercrombie" across the chest high style, it is more like a big sign saying I am a douche bag. Wear what you want and I would avoid wearing brand name logo clothing if you want to date a non tool.

What Girls Said 3

• While I've never been made fun of for it, people definitely used to notice (in high school), and still do sometimes, that I don't wear American Eagle or Abercrombie or Aeropostale.

Part of me not wearing those was that I am extremely opposed to companies like that, and the whole conforming thing, but I also just DO NOT like their clothes. What's so special about having all of your shirts and sweatshirts and jeans look exactly the same, but with different logos on them? To me, I care more about my clothes being A. pretty, B. comfortable, and C. affordable. A plain, too tight t-shirt with a moose that costs more than a flattering one that people haven't seen before just doesn't really do it for me.

Just my opinion.

• I've lost friends over the way I dress. I just don't CARE if I look "stylish", sometimes I just want to feel comfortable! It's not like I'm unclean or anything, I just think it's nice to wear jeans and a t-shirt. Plus, I think if you don't look super good every single day, it really makes a difference whenever you DO decide to dress up. Man, every time I straighten my hair, I get smothered in compliments. It's kind of annoying.

By the way, that guy is a jerk. Style shouldn't prevent someone from dating you when personality is the most important thing.

Anyways, don't worry about that guy or anyone else who judges you on your clothes. If you've got your own style, be true to it and don't dress just like every other girl because that's just plain boring.

• WHAT A JERK! He's an idiot, don't listen to him, he's way too shallow... who cares if you don't dress like a prep, stay true to you and don't worry about people like that. You'll find someone who likes you exactly for you!

Good Luck, and don't let it get to you k?