Why do girls have to take so much time to pretty themselves up?

Why do girls have to take so much time to pretty themselves up while guys hardly do anything and they look nice. Girls having to do more to look pretty.

Most Helpful Girl

• I try to look it at in a positive, bright side. We as girls have so much to choose from. Dresses, skirts (minis or longer), jeans, dress pants, t-shirts, blouses, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, shorts, heels, flats, sneakers, keds. Guys just have jeans or pants and whatever t-shirt they pick out from their closet which almost always all look the same lol and maybe they thrown on a hat. It's way more fun being a girl and having all this stuff we can do with our hair, make up and clothes.

Yeah, it can be a pain in the butt all the trouble we go through but I try to have fun. Put on some fun music and start the process. Doing our make up is an art and guys don't get that. They love to say they love us natural but do the realize how much trouble and time it takes to achieve that "natural" look. There is make up there buddy, we just spent 2hrs making it seem like there isn't :)

It isn't fair though, that guys (some) are naturally hot and just take a shower, pull on a pair of jeans and are out the door while we go through so much to keep the hotness up but that's life. God gave us all the hard things: Periods, giving birth, being overly emotional and hormonal and to top it off. Extra time to get ready because there's so much to choose from and we're so damn girly lol :)

What Guys Said 2

• Great question.

While there are probably a lot of reasons, I think one of the biggest is that guys with imperfections (scars, discolor, etc) have character and are described (usually) as rugged. Good upkeep for a guy is more, trimmed hair, clean nails, and a bath. Other than that, there is not a whole lot that we have to do.

Perhaps we as men just spent more time in the olden days convincing people that our flaws were 'attractive. ' Over time, everyone just believed it, and now, we are able to get ready or dinner in 10 minutes while we have to give you a days notice to be ready by 5p.

Hope that helps.

• That is a very good question. Maybe because women are very conscious of the way they look so they put on mountains of make-up to cover the imperfections, all of which the read about in their favorite magazine - thus further perpetuating the viscous cycle of self-hate that most girls have. Guys, if I may generalize, accept their imperfections and wear them with pride. :) But what do I know, I'm Just A Random Guy.

What Girls Said 5

• There are lots of things a girl can do to look prettier before she goes out the door for a date. Makeup, hairstyle, clothes, accessories, etc. A couple of hours can make a BIG difference. Most guys have much more limited options (no makeup, short hair, limited choices in clothes and accessories). If a guy wanted to take two hours to look better, I mean, what would he do with the time?

• I think one of the biggest reason why girls take such a long time to get ready is really their own insecurities. I think as a women. You place yourself on the spot to look perfect and to impress the many men out there. But, it depends completely on the girl. Some girls take longer to impress guys, some girls take longer because they want to look good in what they do and they simply love the idea of "pretty-ing themselves up". Personally, I take 10 mins to get ready only because I never put make up on and I am pretty simple with my hair.

But its not only girls who take forever anymore. Now there are guys who take longer then girls. So. Its really the whole self conscious and the insecurity of having people judge you on the first impression scenario.

• Girls don't have to take so long to get ready and guys would look even nicer if they took a bit more time. A guy I was with took longer than me to get ready and therefore always looked amazing.

• I only take about 10 minutes, after my shower. My guy on the other hand spends about 20 minutes.

• I don't wear make-up so it doesn't tae me as long but I do take a long time obsessing over my hair. I always seem to have a bad hair day. While I don't think my hair is as bad as I think it is, it just HAS to be perfect. If one hair is out f place I have to start everything over again. I am seriously OCD about my hair. I think for me wanting to look perfect is for my crush. I know it seems silly but the little details give me confidence. So my clothes have to have no wrinkles and my hair has to be perfect. So I have high self esteem, but I am not the prettiest girl. I have been called cute and good looking. But for me I think I just want my crush's approval (even though he is one that called me good looking AND I don't think he cares if my hair is messed up).