How can I get more girly without weirding people out?

Most of my friends are guys but I want to become more like a girl if you know what I mean.how do I go about doing that without losing my guy friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hiya!
    First of all, make sure you stay true to yourself! Don't let your style change your personality... Unless you want to change personality-wise as well. :)
    If I were you, I would wear more feminine (maybe pastel) colors instead of neutrals. Also, go out and get a skirt. It doesn't have to be super flowery and girly, it can be just a black skirt that makes you feel comfortable. Also, make sure to wear shorts underneath it so you can still be active and comfortable.
    If you want, try wearing some mascara at first, and if you like it, start gradually applying more makeup as you go. You don't want to bombard your face with tons of makeup at first.
    You can also go out and get some girly perfume. Flowery, fruity, whatever, as long as it smells good to you; it can greatly improve your self esteem and make you feel more girly.
    And last of all, make sure you don't give up just because of what your friends say. Stay true to yourself, and if you want to change, don't let some guys get in the way of that.
    Good luck! Best of wishes to you.

What Guys Said 3

• If people are being weirded out by you acting your gender, then you have an interesting group of people you talk to.

• No it's just I've always been a hardcore tomboy

• Yea but if you are acting your own GENDER, I don't think it should come across as "weird". Surprising maybe, but weird? No.

• Dress more feminine, wear makeup (not too much though) and use perfume (LIGHT... I cannot stress that enough. That goes for every girl here. LIGHT hand when it comes to perfume). You can still do the same activities you do with your guy friends, even if you are a bit more "girly"
    If you feel pressured to change your personality though, don't. Only do these things if YOU want to

• I'm doing it because I want to. I just want to embrace my womanhood shall we say:P

• dresses and skirts, makeup and LIGHT perfume (can't stress that enough)

• Well, act the same but dress like a girl? Grow your hair out if its short...

What Girls Said 3

• You shouldn't change your appearance to please others. Dress in a way you feel good. I used to dress like a boy some yers ago. Though, I always styled my hair, wore accessories and put on make up and perfume.

• Dress up more feminine, wear dresses and skirts most of the time. Wear nail polish as often as you can. Have your hair fixed/stylish on daily basis. Walk in heels and lastly be classy meaning you should have a good posture, eat with a knife and fork without making a mess, chew your food without making noise, etc...

• You should start hanging out with them at the mall

• The guys?

• I'm confused

• I apologize