Shaving problems

so when I shave I get little red bumps on my legs after,... I've tried different shaving creams and types of razors but I still get the little bumps. Does anyone know what they are cause by? And how to get rid of them or prevent them?

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Start by giving your pubic hair a trim with scissors or electric clippers before getting into the shower or bath. This will help keep your hand-held razor sharp, protecting you from razor burn.

Try waiting until the end of your shower to shave. The heat and steam soften your hairs and open up your pores, making the shave closer.

Not only will this soften and prepare the hair, but if your skin is clean you will have less irritation, ingrown hair, or razor burn

Use shaving cream or gel, which will form a protective barrier between the razor and sensitive skin. Soap can dry out your skin and increase the possibility of irritation.

Use a brand new razor which can help prevent nicks and cuts.

experts recommend shaving while standing in the shower, with one leg up on the side of the tub or shower wall. Shave in the direction of the hair. Remember to apply steady but gentle pressure with the razor. After each stroke of the blade, rinse off the razor and try reapplying shaving cream or gel. If the skin of a particular area is loose or very sensitive, you may want to try holding that area taut or out of the way so that it doesn't get caught by the razor

Razor burn or razor bumps are the tiny red bumps that sometimes appear soon after shaving. They are caused by the razor cutting too close and shaving off the top layers of skin. In addition they can become even more irritated if your skin or razor wasn't clean, becoming itchy and painful.

Preventing razor burn has two steps. First, make sure you aren't shaving too close. This means shaving slowly and gently(no pressure on the blade,) and using shaving cream or gel. Shave with the grain, and don't make too many passes with the razor.

Second, protect your skin from contamination. This means showering beforhand, using a clean new razor blade, wearing only clean clothes after shaving, and avoid doing anything that will cause you to sweat.

What Guys Said 2

• dont shave so hard. you are pressuring your leg and it is causing baby itches.

• use magic powder 2 dollars and fifty cents found at walmart or walgreens it will remove your unwanted hair anywhere even pubic and does not burn and no red bumps

What Girls Said 7

• The little bumps just mean that you irritated your skin somehow while shaving.

Is your razor sharp? Make sure to change the blade regularly so that you're using a sharp blade without nicks/bends in it. Also, like the other commenter said don't press hard. Finally, don't shave without either soaping or applying shaving cream to your legs (this is the most important one for me).

I would let your legs heal for a few days. Don't shave until the bumps are gone otherwise they won't heal and you'll keep irritating them. Good luck.

• i get little red bumps on my legs too sometimes. it could be an irritation to the cream. your skin might be sensitive to it. have you tried waxing? it hurts at first but you get used to it. the hairs become less resistant after waxing for a while. when you shave the hair grows back longer and thicker making it harder to remove. and it grows less when you wax. give it a go!

• Yep they are ingrown hairs that get stuck under the skin when you shave or wax and they cause those red bumps. Some razors give them to me more then others so the best one that I could recommended is the bic ones that are like fat in shape and come in a four pack and they have like different scents like lavender and such. The cream won't make a difference but also don't shave as hard while shaving.

• Try using a lotion for sensitive skin after shaving. I used to have the same problem...then I started using my husband's razor one day because I was out. And voila! No more red bumps :) Sometimes it takes time to find what works best.

• ingrown hairs.. irritation to the shaving cream or soap.. to get rid of them I don't scratch them (they usually are terribly itchy) and usually won't shave till they leave.

• Sounds like you are getting irritation, it get that too, I found that if you shave in the same direction as the hair with a new razor it help a little, but I have just gone to wax, that has really helped.

• There's a product by Bikini Zone called Anti-Bumps Shave Gel. It's great!