Cutting your own hair?

• Cut your own hair but be conservative
  • Cut your own hair and go wild
  • Barbershop exists for a reason you know...
The question maker is REALLY botched , I hair a little video in it and a bit of an exposition but shit.
Here we go , I'm not typing it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFOWJD7cmVA
Here goes nothing.
I'm doing it

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a cosmetologist & people come in all the time after cutting their own hair.. Puts more work on us to make it look good.

1.) Unless you know what you're doing, don't do it. Cutting hair is more complex than you think.

2.) Sometimes you cut pieces too short, so when a hairdresser does your hair & you want it all even, you have to go shorter than what you wanted.

3.) it just looks better when someone who knows what they're doing does it.

• Unless you're a guy & get the same guard all over. That's pretty simple.

• Doesn't look too bad.. How do you like it? How does it look in person?

• It is “okay” but I'm not done yet oh no.
      It was a test , today I'm shaving my top side front to back with a 5 and then I'm gonna work on the fading with a 4 guard and then a 4 and 1/2 ... I think I'm gonna go to a stylist school lol it's so therapeutic

What Girls Said 16

• I cut my own hair all the time in short styles. I even get a lot of compliments from people wondering wear I get my hair cut. I even had gotten a new hairstylist and she was impressed that I was able to cut my own hair nice and evenly in a short bob. I'm not afraid of having my hair shorter bc my hair is thick and grows quite long. Shorter is easier for me to manage especially in warmer months. I like that Im good at cutting my own hair in styles bc I don't have to worry about a good beautician cutting my hair right and I don't have to depend on my sister who doesn't have so much of the free time anymore.

• any tips for how to keep the lines nice and even?
      Is there like some... "hair ruler" I can use?

• With a clipper and guard and stuff I kinda have an idea how to use but... scissors... how?

• With thinning scissors you'll probably shear off more hair than you need to. Clippers not too sure about clippers except you use the gaurds for your hair length.

• I cut my own hair, most of the time when I go to a salon they don't do what I asked and overcharge me. So I watched some tips videos from YouTube and decided to do it myself. This one friend who cut hair moved upstate and yeah I'm not driving 4 hours to just get my hair cut. Gotta do it myself to get the best results. :)

• I... do that when my mom is not available. I don't trust hairdressers anymore.
    Heck, I don't trust many things. ;_;

• I like to cut my own split ends because the hairdresser sees an inch of hair as 2 inches -_-
    www.lmaoearth.com/.../...er-Thinks-One-Inch-Is.jpg

• Bad idea. I would probably end up looking like this!!
    http://f.tqn.com/y/menshair/1/S/A/9/-/-/funny.jpg

• i went to cosmetology school so i feel safe cutting my own hair. aha before then it was pretty bad. i only ever cut my bangs

• I always cut my own hair. I get all kinds of compliments on it. Even cosmologists want to admire it. I'm really happy to have this talent:)

• Uhm... it's easier for girls to cut their own hair. You can use a cutting hair machine but have someone do it for you on the back of your head.

• oh I'm sure of that , long hair is easy , just gotta trim the length. Short hair is tough cos you don't really have much hair to spare in the first place.
      Back of my head... eh... I think I'm just gonna get myself a #4 clipper and mow the lawn.

• I always do!

• Cutting your own hair? Take it from one who tried don't do it. hahahaha

• It always looks bad when I try to cut my own hair. I just let other people do it.

• I only dare to cut my bangs myself.

• That's seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

• I ask either my mom or brother to do it. I tried it once. It was awful (grumpy cat face).

• I did that once, it was a total disaster lol

• I cut my hair when I was really young, Mulan inspired me.

What Guys Said 7