Why would guys wear ring or any other jewelry?

I'm really curious as to why a guy would wear jewelry of any type. It's just hard for me to imagine a guy putting an earring or a ring on and looking at themselves in the mirror and be like "Oh yeah, this looks amazing". I just think that's such a girly thing to do. That's why I'm wondering why a guy would wear a random ring. My crush wears one and I don't really find it that attractive, but I think that could change if the ring held any meaning. Guys, what are your experiences with wearing jewelry? And girls or guys, I'd like to know if you know of possible meanings a random ring (random as in, not wedding ring, of course) could have to someone, or any type of jewelry for that matter. I don't exactly mind necklaces as much as I mind rings or bracelets. Thanks for your answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• I also can't say why some guys think it's cool. I have nothing against guys who wear those things, it's their choice, their style and I know many guys who do it. I don't do it though, I don't like it and I don't really think it's necessary.

• I guess I have the idea that guys only wear what's absolutely necessary! That's why I find it so weird! It's kind of unsettling since I only feel disdain towards it lol, it's like wooow he's so cute... then I see the ring and think WHYYYY? So yeah I guess I don't like jewelry in guys.

• It's just what you like. And I'm the kind of guy who wears just what's necessary haha.

What Guys Said 3

• I have multiple chains and cross pendants. Gold and silver. I like it lol. My dad wears a ring from his work. He is an Insurance Agent and if he sells so many policies he gets a diamond in it by the company. It as big as like a super bowl ring. I used to wear my class ring when I was in high school.

• Yeah! But see? All the jewelry you're mentioning seems to have a specific meaning. Chain and cross pendants are pretty common, I barely consider them jewelry, it's just as common as a watch. What actually intrigues me is the thought of a guy putting a ring on or something and being like "this looks hot". It's just too weird to me.

• Yeah I don't get the random ring lol

• I occasionally wear my football ring because it looks awesome! Other than that no jewelry besides a watch

• I like jewelry. I enjoy rings.

• And what makes you go from liking jewelry to actually wearing it? Do you think it makes you look cooler, sexier, etc?

• I just look good in it. I wear a fake wedding ring and everything and get compliments on stuff. It is odd.

What Girls Said 4

• Because fuck gender stereotypes. If a guy wears jewellery and thinks it looks cool, then let him wear jewellery. It's not directly affecting your life, so I don't see why anyone would really care. Plus, if you think about it, why do women think it's cool to wear jewellery? Someone somewhere began that trend and people everywhere were probably thinking the same thing. Fashion and beauty are subjective and vary from culture to culture. It's normal for men to wear jewellery in some parts of the world, it just happens to be out of the norm in this culture.

• Because they like wearing them?

• Hello all, actually all people don’t like jewelry. But most of our young stars like to wear jewelry for their fashion. They think that jewelry is matching for their fashionable clothes. Basically, they prefer stainless biker ring. One of my brother wear biker rings and recently he got 7 biker rings from one of the best stainless jewelry store ZuoBisi jewelry. I think this is all for fashion so they wear jewelry.

• Self expression. Ornamentation, like wearing jewelry, has never been just a feminine thing.