Social trend - Do guys take care of their appearance?

I am just curious, it is a known fact that guys do not take care of their looks the way girls do. But I see more and more guys trying to eat healthy, exercising, taking care of their skin, hands, hair, even waxing, etc... Just the advertising says it all; moisturizers to prevent aging and fatigue, drinks for stamina, magazines like Maxim, FHM, and Esquire give all kinds of advices, tips, etc.

Seeing my man buying Clinique for men : products like scrubs, cleansers, moisturizers and even slimming treatment, made me realize, hey he is serious about it! And I think it is hot!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think more guys should take care of themselves. Afterall we girls do and are expected to. Why should an ungroomed not-cute guy get a hot girlfriend? If we look good they should too!

What Guys Said 4

• Guys can be as conscious of their appearance as much has girls, it just depends on the person and their position at the time. generally we do take more pride nowadays however I don't think blokes are rushing out buying moisturisers but we try to look after ourselves like going to the gym, eating healthy and wearing nice clothes as well as a spray of brut lol!

• It's a known fact? I wasn’t aware of such a thing.

Guys feel the same pressures when it comes to appearances are women.

• Typo *Guys feel the same pressures when it comes to appearances as women.*

• Well, but it was not like that before, was it? My father never did those kind of things.

• I don't think guys have change much in the way they view themselves and the way they want others to view them but not long ago it wasn't socially acceptable for men to display such a behavior.

• I don't read any of those magazines for tips or whatever, but I do put moisturizer on my skin every time I take a shower (Aveeno is the one I like the best) and I will usually hit my hair with the Chi straightener and then put on some pomade...that's about as metro as I get. I try to eat healthy and exercise, but that's mostly just to feel good instead of worrying about having a good looking body.

• Yes, I do take care of my looks and body. I'm just not one to overboard with it. All those "pretty" products for men are just ways for the major manufacturers to increase the profit margin. A healthy diet and basic vitamins along with exercise and shaving where needed is all I need to make myself feel healthy and project that feeling outward. If I feel good and look good, it adds to my self confidence, and that in turn makes me more attractive to women.

What Girls Said 0