Simple question. Girls who are in college, what do you you think of guys that wear vans?

I'm very picky when it comes to buying new shoes. I want something that looks casual while at the same time stylish. I don't care much for the new new balance trend. I also don't like sperries. And I'm not the typical guy who rushes out to get the new pair of Jordan's or Lebrons. Vans seem like they would suit me (even though I don't skate lol). I don't know what it is about them, they just seem stylish. But before I buys some, I want to hear from the women who are in college on their take on Vans. Yay or nay? (oh yeah and I am thinking about wearing them with high socks)

Most Helpful Girl

• Love vans. Plain and simple. They look good on everyone! And i, for some reason, look at guys shoes. Not all girls do haha but I don't know, vans are casual and nice. I say get them for sure!

What Girls Said 6

• I love vans. Depends on the style though.

• Lol.
    Honestly, I wouldn't even notice your shoes.
    If I did it'd only be for like 5 seconds then I'd forget.

• I don't care about them anymore. I wore them a lot in high school but now that I'm in college I just want shoes that are cheap and comfortable. Paying over $40 for shoes is ridiculous to me. I don't know guess I'm just cheap.

• Any man in sperry's, vans, and converse has my heart.
    I find Jordans to be absolutely distasteful.

• I can dig it :)

• Not in college but vans look nice on a lot of guys

What Guys Said 2

• I'm old and out of touch, but they make some REAL fresh Vans. Some have some crazy patterns that take some confidence to rock, but you can always go with basic neutral joints too.
    coolspotters.com/.../...ip-on-sneakers-profile.jpg

You kids with your high socks though...😱😱😱haha

• Haha yeah I don't know what it is, I'm guilty with the high sock trend lol

• Dude, we were around for the original incarnations. Kinda cool actually.

I had like three pairs of the classic blue suede ones; the black ones were insanely popular around these parts.

www.franklinskateshop.com/.../vans_classic.jpg

• @DodgersGM The black and white checkerboard joints always remind me of Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times At Ridgemont High, when he's taking tube tips while on the phone with his friend, and he's "dude, guess what this sound is...", whacks himself in the forehead with the shoe a couple times and goes "My SKULL, aw-ha-ha-ha..."😂😂😂

• Vans with high socks? What the fuck? Times have changed.

When I walk past people your age dressed like that I just snear in disdain.

Just wear normal clothes.
    You're black, get some Jordan's for fuck sake. You can get cool and stylish Jordan's too.
    Kswiss is the way to go for me though. The tennis shoes.
    That's when I'm not wearing dress shoes for work or my black snakeskin boots for formal leisure.

• Thanks for your input.

• Vans with high socks, Jesus Christ...

But no problem, each to their own. Whenever you want an honest opinion you know where you can get one.