Girls, best hairstyles for really wavy and frizzy hair?

My hair is naturally wavy but it's just so frizzy sometimes, even when I straighten it. What are some really nice and simple hairstyles that I can try that'll make my hair look manageable?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay. Let me tell you this. Switch to a sulfate free shampoo and then condition like usual. Comb or brush your hair out you can use a leave in conditioner. It works good and wrap it in a tshirt and let it dry. Before I wrap it I put a little bit if aloe oil or this serum stuff with aloe and when I take it out of being wrapped it's more curly and less frizzy. I get the hair stuff in the aisle for mixed hair and black hair. I used mixed hair products. And when you flat iron it section it. I split mine in half from the bottom to up. If my hair has that oil stuff I'll just go straight to flat ironing it or if not I at some to it and it straightens well. For hair styles you can do messy buns or pony tails. I see curly/wavy hair girls do that half Pont tail thing, I split mine in the middle or side and add bobby pins to pin it back. Sometimes I just let it be without a style. If you want your hair to be more volume blow dry it some with a diffuser but do it upside down

What Girls Said 41

• Braids. Learn your braids. Learn aaaaaall the braids. Wavy and frizzy hair means your hair has texture and won't just slip straight out like fine hair. This is a huge help. Learning the different braids is a pain and it's work, but once you have them down, you'll be set for just about anything, from Katniss to Crown.

• Use leave-in conditioner and hair oil for your hair, and then you might want to go for a sock bun. I always do them when I feel lazy do straighten my hair. Or you might want to crunch it, after you come out of the shower, apply hair oil and leave-in conditioner and then a lot of moose, gel, or hairspray or maybe all😊 then crunch it. usually I just put my hair in a pony tail and straighten my bangs. You might want to do a French braid, look it up on YouTube. It's also knows as the Elsa braid from Frozen. You can find a lot of cute and easy to do hairstyles on YouTube :)

• I too have wavy hair. soo at night take a shower, put like a dime size amount of gel in your hair and just rub that in. then u can either french braid it or regular 3-strand braid it or any kind of braid you want. (french braid is probably the prettiest) then just braid ur hair and leave it in for a while or if ur going to bed sleep on it. Then wake up or after a while take it out and u will pretty crispy/wavy hair!! :D

• I have curly hair that gets really frizzy is nothing is in it. I just use hair gel to keep it calm but typically anything with braids is nice, buns, space buns (I call them teddy bear ears), braiding two sections in the front and pinning them to the back so it looks like a halo is quick and easy, messy buns, if you take two sections of hair from the back underneath part behind your ear and pin them across like a headband and then let the rest of hang loose or put it in a ponytail that looks really cute in my opinion, you could just put tight twists or braids on one side of your head and then wear the rest to one side it looks edgy so any frizziness that happens looks intentional, honestly instead of trying to seriously calm your frizz just learn to rock it and love it :) if nothing I said makes sense you can message me and I can send pictures and more detailed instructions of any of the hairstyles I mentioned :)

• I am not sure since my hair has always been straight but I think there should be creams or gels you can put in your hair to tone it down and make it straight.

• I have the same type of hair. You can embrace it, and let it grow out longish and really amplify the curls but maybe layer your hair as well. I also do a messy fishtail braid that I drape on my shoulder.
    Last year I cut it to my shoulders and did layer curly waves (it looked cute with the ombre color I had). Hope this helps!

• I have your same hair and I haven't really found a solution but whats working for me right now is right after i get out of the shower I use Moroccan Oil while it's still wet but almost about to dry, comb it. I've started using this coconut hibiscus Curling Gel by Shea Moisture. It's in a coral little jar, and is kind of pricey but the pricey ones work the best! I personally did not like what the mousse and styling creme did to my hair, so to each their own, but just take a small handful and get it on all of your hair. I know gel sounds awful, but because it's natural it leaves it more like a soft mousse, not hard gel curls (unless you use a lot). If it dries weird, I'll get this mousse called "Shine" in the 'ethnic" hair section and it's AMAZING, although it does have alcohol so it may dry out your hair, try to find one that doesn't have it, and i'll put a little of that on top (:

• Two braids from the sides of your face and put them together at the back. =)
    Fishtail braid.
    A messy bun.

• there's some good products out there.
    I have long wavy hair that gets frizzy af too
    I use Frizz-Ease shampoo and conditioner. I only shampoo 3x a week and I rinse in cold water (closes up follicles)
    And I put a tiny bit of argan oil in it when its dry.

That helps a lot.

• Get Shea Moisture products. I use the Styling Milk and the Smoothie. I have curly hair and I bring the frizz to my advantage to get voluminous hair. I have sources and tips about how to deal with curly/wavy hair, if you'd like to know them you are free to message me (:

• Smoothing serums are always helpful. it is often a dime sized drop in your palm and works to smooth the frizz.
    there are also straightening perms, which can be costly and harsh on the hair, but compared to the constant straightening and hot tools the damage is less signifigant.

• You can try a half up half down style.. It works for me

• I have the same type of hair. Try to grow it long. When it gets long, gravity makes it more so its more.. flat on top and more curls on the buttom, which can be very pretty. So it doesn't look like a mop on the head.

Too bad i can't get rid of the urge to cut my hair.

• Well my hairs the same way, it has a mind of its own. But maybe you're not straightening it right, bc I straighten my all the time and it takes the frizzyness away.

• pony tail... straighten it... wear it natural. if its very frizzy id consider using anti frizz serums and switching shampoos and conditioners

• It's best to work with your natural hair, constant straightening damages your hair and your waves will look frizzy permanently

• I have curly hair but if you have frizzy hair put coconut oil in it and leave it in your hair for at least an hour then rinse it out. Your hair won't be frizzy anymore. I use it all the time and my hair is healthy and beautiful.

• braiding my hair when it's all frizzy is the best way i can think of the keep it looking tame, and you candy so many types of braids the options are endless.

• What I usually do with my hair everyday for class is I tied the top half of my head and make a bun. then just leave the bottom half down. If I'm going to hang out with friends, I would just curl my hair with a straightener, and take a brush and brush it through, that way my hair is wavy but not frizzy. Straightening the hair just takes too long, because you want to make every area of your head straight. Hope that helps. :)

• The high bun with cute earrings to frame your face is always cute and stylish

• I do a side braid all the time. It's easy, and controls my thick wavy hair.

• A ponytail

• My hair is the same. Messy buns, doughnuts, heated curls, braids, and sew ins lol

• You could just tie the top part up, half up, half down. Or do the one where you tie the top half up and then plait it and then at the bottom of your hair, tie that into a pony tail.

• A ponytail... Welcome to my life😔

• Thin sharp layers, like most vic. sicrets models have or just stright one lengths

• Sloppy braid with a bow.

• have you tried putting argon oil in it? or "smoothing" serums?
    That should cut the frizz

• Ponytail. That is all.

• if you take showers before you go to bed french braid your hair and sleep on it and in the morning it will be tamed and easier to work with

• More from Girls
    11