Does black fingernail polish seem too "emo"?

I wear fairly fancy clothes everyday, from skirts to dresses to heels. I want to paint my nails, and I thought it would look cool to have black fingernail polish. Would that seem to "emo"?

By the way, sorry if calling it that/stereotyping it like that offended anyone.

Thanks! :)

• "Emo"
  • Not "emo"

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• I love black nail polish. Seen many girls wear it and I never had any thought about it being emo. It's just a basic style. Black is not always emo.

• I am told that fingernail polish color represents things like feelings! Feelings are never too emo! :D

• No, it's cool! Pair it with some black eyeshadow and lipstick!

• Depends on the rest of your look

• naw its super hot!

What Girls Said 8

• Go for it.

• Not at all emo and if you want to make sure, paint your ring finger a different color to accent. All black with a silver nail is very pretty or you could go a step further and put a bit of a design on the one nail. Make it white with black dots (easily created with a toothpick)

• I love wearing black, ever since I saw Audrey Hepburn movies. Black nails can be very stylish. I can't upload this pic I have, but you should search on Google or Pinterest Sophisticated black nails, there are some nice ones.

• No, I wear black nail polish and for me it's grundge since that's the look that im going for but people use black for different reasons.

• It's not, it's super cute!

• I would say no because if you take really nice care of your nails and you apply any color of nail polish it wouldn't really matter.

• Depends on what you wear it with

• As someone else said, it depends on the rest of your look.