Girls, are you modern or old fashion?

Are you modern or old fashion?
And why

Old fashioned mean following general roles.

61

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I'm both.

1. Sex: I'm not going to wait until marriage/love to have sex, but I'm not going to sleep with someone I just met. I'm waiting until I'm with a guy I trust enough to go all the way. I'm 20 years old and still a virgin. I'm also waiting until I'm married to go condomless.

2. Marriage/Children: This is where I'm old fashioned. If I met the right guy and felt like I would like to be with him the rest of my life I would have no problem getting married now. And if we were financially stable enough I'd want to start having kids. I'm not one of those women who wants to wait until I'm 35 to start rasing a family if I already found someone I want to do it with. Also, I'm all for having a big family - as many kids as we could afford. Both my parents come from a big family and I love it. No need to stop at 2 kids if we have the ability to properly care for all of them.

3. Work: I'm currently in school to become an accountant and I like it a lot. I'd have no problem working if my future husband and we needed the income. On the other hand, if we could afford for me to be a stay at home mom I would love that too. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that now though. I wouldn't go crazy being home all the time. I'd love being home with my kids and planning activities with them. Maybe once they started school I'd go back to work again.

4. Housekeeping: My mom still does most of the housekeeping/cooking. I grew up that way. My dad's job is to look after outside stuff and clean the bathroom, my mom and I do the rest. If I was a stay at home mom I'd have no problem doing all the housework, but if I was working I'd expect him to help out some too. Well, just help with cleaning haha. I wouldn't mind looking after kids and cooking on my own - I just hate cleaning.

5. Decision making: I'm more modern this way. 50/50.

• Soundimg so nice/good.
      Tanks for your opinion

• Great post! One to five is totally me! The sixth one you added about "pay for dates" would only happen after we become official.

• I know you girl paly safe that means guy need to pay without official but girls will pay only affyer official great if you don't like him then go with full of stomuch but if we don't like girl in first date we have to go with empty hands great you proved that girls (like you) are selfish @SilenRose

What Girls Said 60

• Modern, because traditional gender roles don't suit me at all. I have no urge to have kids, no real need to be romantically linked, I'm a terrible cook, and if I'm the one expected to keep a clean house, well, there's a reason I live with dogs. I have my own job and my own finances, do my own 'handy-man' work, have my own house, etc. I grew up where you learn to take care of yourself or you shut up and it's a sentiment that's stuck with me.

• Ok
      I am not blaming fwminisim I am questioning

• If really feminiain is for equality then why don't they talk about thisathisayment issue in there debeates

• I'm modern in all possible senses.

Why?
    Because it's logical.

• Mostly modern. But I have some old-fashioned ways about me such as using good manners, following (some) etiquette, and a few other things when it comes to treating people with respect that many people are lost on now. As for the rest of me, how I look, the way I think, the things I stand for, all are modern.

• You mean
      Guy have to give give you free meals

• No, because to me, "have to" is a silly thought. I've paid for meals, and so have they, depending on who does they inviting or what the situation was. I also cook and enjoy it.

• That was nice

• I would say im both. I like the idea of being the woman who gets a great education &working but is a hands on, stay at home mom. Im cool with my husband working but I want me & my husband to split the chores cuz lets face it there will be times when we will need to help each other. Overall, i want a balance of the old fashion & modern general roles lol. :)

• I know how this sounds, but I am a mix of both. I'm adaptable, so if I need to be independent and ambitious, I can and will be. However, at home I do not really know how to fix certain things and I like when my boyfriend comes over to help with that. But if the situation called for it, I'm sure I can read up on it and fix it myself. I also enjoy making him meals/desserts, especially when he really likes them!

• That was so nice but why don't you pay in date
      She he pays mostly

• I never said I didn't pay on dates. I always offer to pay, or at least pay my share and guys either got offended or really insisted that they pay. So I would tell them if they got it this time, next time it's on me. Current boyfriend doesn't want me to pay for anything but I do it anyways lol.

• That was great

• Definitely old-fashioned. When I was 12 , I already knew exactly what I wanted to be when I'd grow up: a wife and mother. So after school I'd beg my mom to teach me how to cook (and by the age of 13 I already knew all of my mother's recipes by heart), I have been cleaning since I was 10, I took sewing lessons, at 16 I got my papers as a hairdresser/beautician/nail stylist/make-up artist so that if my husband would lose his job or abandon me I'd be able to work at home, now I can make money and be with my children. I got married when I was 20 1/2, I stayed a virgin until I was married. I want a big family, lots of children. Whichever path my daughters will choose, I hope they will be happy, but I'd like to raise my daughters with similar values. I was raised like that, just like my mother, my grandmother and all of our female ancestors before us.

• I think I am both. I don't follow religious gender roles as I speak in church and sometimes try to lead bible study but I do believe in no sex before marriage, and that people should focus on being a good person and not on getting a relationship.

• Definitely not old fashioned. I am a horrid house keeper (so far) I refuse to be a stay at home mum if I ever become one, I'm not looking to marry at all. Not into wasting my money on some big useless ceremony. Unless of course she convinces me to go ahead with it that is. Oh, and I'd be with a she. There's modern. Definitely not waiting until marriage. If marriage would happen.
    If I was with a he, he'd be the one washing dishes while I mow the lawn. Just saying.

• Yeh if I have a house I'd definitely be doing outside chores. Though I'd rather stay in the city :)

• Dressing sense- Quite modern
    Thinking- Traditional

• I vote independent.

I'm not affiliated with either party. If you have specific questions you want to ask I'll answer. I am not gong to define be myself under one term bc I'm absolutely certain it will not accurately represent my views.

:-)

• I would actually like to know specifically what you are you are asking?

Old fashioned can mean many things as there are many cultures and many Lonny's in history. Modern can mean many things as therefore many cultures and many different modern views. Modern just means not old and old just means not new, so it isn't really enough :)

• Mhm yes fair enough :)

• Tanks
      I am doing this nonsense for noble cause only
      "No one should use no one"
      Because I read many articles and statistics and TV shows as I mentioned in that question in that videos people sayingthat guy have to pay other wise no dates (indirectly sex) it is riduculus sex is not equal to money girl have to give I with love and guy don't have to buy girls

• I'm pretty modern the only reason I would call myself old fashion is the whole "the guy has to make the first move". Otherwise I'm up-to-date with the 21st century.

• I'm a bit of both I think..

• Modern all the way. I can't stand gender roles restricting how I should behave or what I should wear. I also typically tend to do things like split the bill with a guy on dates just because I have a job and I can afford it, so why not. And I as of now, I don't plan on getting married. I might settle down with a guy someday in the future, but the whole idea of the government being involved with my personal life just doesn't sit well with me.

• I consider myself old-fashioned. I do appreciate a balance of both, but I lean more towards old-fashioned. Partly because of the way I was brought up and I notice that some old-fashioned rules will never go out of style. I have no issues with a traditional married lifestyle, so as long as I have a career of my own. I wouldn't mind obtaining a more family friendly career so I can have the time teach my future offspring values and morals.

• Half traditional means- don't pay for dates.
      Half modren- want equal salary with men.

• Tell
      What you do

• Will you pay or not

• Im more old fashioned. I like the idea of marrying, me having kids, being a housewife, him going to work, etc etc.

• It depends how you define 'modern' and 'old fashioned'

• Old fashioned means who follow gene roles

• So I'm neither too traditional nor too modern. I intend to get married and have children when I'm ready for it. I also want to finish my degree and go for a second one and a phd. I like gifts and compliments but I want to be financially independent. I believe that when you are married with another person you should be equal, in terms of making decisions, paying the bills, nourturing the kids, do chores and housekeeping. I 'd like to find time to be more artistic. I intend to learn more foreighn languages. I'm bad at organising, I'm always on the run and my thoughts and my room are a constant mess. I like adventures and dares, I'm competitive, bold and sarcastic. Good at cooking, only when I feel like it. I also love make up and fashion.

• Sounds good

• I'm both I don't believe in some of the stupid gender roles like I think guys and girls alike can cook and help out around the house etc. But, I think its acceptable for a girl to ask a guy out or text/call first. I still don't believe it's ok to sleep around for either sex honestly and I think the double standard for that with girls being sluts and guys being awesome is complete bs. Otherwise yea I think there should be give and take gender roles can be dumb. Both sexes should be able to have the same responsibilities in a relationship and be accountable.

• Both in different respects

• I know you girls covers matter by saying pussy because you want free meals and said I know what meant by respect it is clearly saying that you are waiting for fee meals from guys.

• Sorry lol
      I can understand that I hurted you a lot because I hate girls who use man as money bank any way sorry see MHO then you can understand once again I am extremely sorry

• Definitely modern. I believe in gender equality and that many traditional roles aren't up to date anymore.

• A bit of both depending on the subject.

• I'm balanced. So Old-Modern ;)
    I have strong family values but since I am young and living in the modern world I need to know how to live with technology, law and everyday life.

• I'm not a traditionalist. Before you say it, I already read your other question and it doesn't apply to most of the women I know, so it seems you have a traditional idea of the modern world.

• Sorry
      I didn't understand. about what question you are talking.

• With out clarity I can't understand that how to respond in most polite way

• I think it's not a one or the other situation in my case I fall into both categories under different occasions. Like during the holidays im receiving mordern gifts and sticking to old fashion beliefs such as my Christianity. But I think this question is very interesting to all because it's something somewhat important to know or understand about yourself and others. :)

• I'm a little bit of both. I fancy myself a femminest (not as in "women > men" but as in "women = men") and at the same time, I do like the different worlds in which we live in (and I do laugh at women jokes that most femminests would take offense to).

• I think I'm more old fashioned. I used to think that I should've been born in the 19th century, but what would I do without technology? Haha :)

• I'm quite modern in my thinking style, like I would split the bills equal, make my own money and pay for my own meals/movie tickets etc while on a date if we haven't made some sort of arrangement.

In fashion sense it changes from day to day, I like to mix styles and give it my own touch.

• That sounds great

• That was great
      Sharing means being a good partner I hope you will get nice person who cares and loves you a lot.

• Thank you! I hope so too! :)

• Both. Follow old traditions and new ones

• Modern. stay at home mothering has proven exactly what i thought it would. No money made? Useless. Yea.. not doing this again.

• Probably a mixture of the 2.

• Depends on what you mean by old fashion and modern.

• More from Girls
    30