Why do girls where tons of makeup at the gym?

Most Helpful Girl

• One common misconception of makeup is that people think it's supposed to hide things and transform one's beauty, when really, it's made to accentuate one's beauty.

If someone is wearing "tons" of makeup, maybe they don't know how to properly apply it or it may appear that way because they used the wrong shade. I'll go some days without wearing makeup and I won't think twice about it, but I do feel a bit of a boost when I wear it. People go to the gym to stay healthy and in turn feel better about themselves. If they want to wear a little makeup, or tons of it, if they are happy with how they look, then I'd be asking, "Why not?"

• I love how I got down rated twice without an explanation. Thanks!

• Well I'm up-rating it. I agree with you. Why is it any one else's business anyway? :)

• Thank you so much! When I go to the gym I go there to work out and don't focus on who's wearing what or how much attention are they craving lol because it's not my business or anyone else's for that matter. Lol thanks again!

What Guys Said 2

• No offense in particular to the ladies.

But it could be due to either of the following:

1. Attention whore

2. Low self-esteem

3. Looking for attention, needy

4. Wants to meet you, or at least get some sort of weird satisfaction out of making you look. She thinks people are looking at her like "omg, hot" but most are thinking "omg, weird. " :-)

5. It means nothing, and isn't really her "fault. " She just got off work or rushed in from somewhere, and she doesn't give her makeup a 2nd thought -- she's just in a rush and doesn't have time to take it off, put it back on, etc - she just wants to workout.

• Why do girls wear make up?

Very simple question and a very simple answer.

The girl wants to look good.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't wear a whole lot of makeup anyway, but if I do have it on at the gym it's usually because 1) it's still there from work and/or 2) I hate having to look at myself in the mirror the whole way through a class and think how revolting I look! Hehe. It's got nothing to do with what anyone else thinks, it's about how I feel about myself.

• Lol I know what ya mean I don't get it either. I go to the gym everyday and I never care what I look like. I'm there for one reason to work out and not to get attention. I found if a girl is putting on a lot of makeup she is probably trying impress the nicely built guys at the gym or trying to get their attention, which will never work their there to work out not to pick up girls its a gym not a bar lol. I found out through experience I get guys respect and attention at the gym by working hard and being committed to being there everyday. They respect you even of you don't have a size 0 body. So for they girls who do wear tons of make-up there just stop its a waist.

• Omg I totally agree with you! Lol

You are so right! Guys give you the attention if they see you hit that gym on a regular basis and work really hard. I can totally relate because that's how I know all the guys at the gym. I have been going there for a very long time and work my ass off. And I never wear any make up! Lol

Well said.

• I go to the gym everyday and I have seen tons of girls that wear the tightest clothes and overly done make up. Its pretty obvious that they are looking for attention from the guys. If they see a blonde with over done make up.. oh well maybe they will turn around and give her the "you are sexy" look. Considering... that's the point why she's wearin' a whole lotta make up in the first place.

So really, just for attention.

• Sometimes they go straight from work or class to the gym and don't have any time to wash it off. I do that, I wear makeup to work and school. But just run straight to the gym and don't wash it off because I am just going to have to take a shower afterwards anyway.

• Honestly. I don't wear makeup at all. I am a strong believer in natural beauty. I think that make up ruins your skin instead of making it better. I seriously think that A LOT of people look so much better without make up. I remember I had to wear make up to a dance because I mom forced it on me, make up and sweat soo does not make a good combo together.

• You don't want to go to the gym and look manly. Its a girl thing to always want to look your best where ever you go. I agree, mascara is not a good thing, because you'll have sweat running down your face, including the mascara, and look horrible, but we girls just want to pump iron, look good and show off how toned our bodies and pretty faces to all of the hot guys there too.

• Maybe they have really bad skin or they are trying to look cute for somebody. That is dumb in my opinion because when you work out and the makeup gets into your pores that's just going to mess your skin up!

• I totally agree! I hate it when after they are done. make up is like slipping down their faces! And they look like drag queens!

• Wearing makeup while you work out is bad for your skin, that's the only issue I have with it.