HELP! Do you think black leggings could be considered professional?

On Tuesday I go to take my state board cosmetology exam. On the letter they sent me it says to wear "comfortable, professional attire". Absolutely NO denim in any way.

I was going to wear all black. Black shirt, black cardigan, black leggings, black flats. But the thing is, I don't want to be sent home bc they consider my outfit "unprofessional" or not appropriate. Bc I spent a lotttt of money for this exam.

So what do you think?

0|0
7|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Leggings are not professional. I would recommend wearing either dress pants or an actual dress just to be on the safe side. If they specifically said "professional attire," then it's better to be over dressed than under dressed.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• professional...4 what?

0|0
    0|0
  • dont take a risk wear ordinary professional clothes

0|0
    0|0
  • only if you wear something that covers your butt like a long shirt or a dress

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Leggings are cute, but not professional. Wear dress pants, wear nice shoes, flats are good. Even consider wearing a matching blazer if you have one. It will pay off if you dress nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leggings are definitely casual and NOT professional.
    But since they said "COMFORTABLE, professional attire", it might be tolerated, I don't know.

I'd play it safe and wear a dress with black pantyhose though, instead of leggings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black leggings is professional if you have a cute shirt on past your butt. Work it. :)

0|0
    1|0
  • I would play it safe and wear black slacks or something similar. Don't wanna risk it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't consider it professional. Black dress pants would be more appropriate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, do you have dress pants?

0|0
    0|0