What is your opinion on dress codes in the public school system?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think its good that public schools enforce the no shorts above your finger rule and the two finger rule for tank tops. it helps maintain a more professional learning orietated environment and overall it is more respectful to wear clothing to school that covers your body... to other students and teachers and yourself. i was always not a big fan of it in school and i get annoyed when my dad tells me to put on pants because ill wear whatever the hell i want now that im 18 but still its a good rule to enforce so students start learning how to dress in a respectful manner,

What Guys Said 4

• I only spent one year (3rd grade) in a school where I was required to wear a specific outfit everyday. It was a nice outfit. I am still not into dress codes overall because that way kids and youngsters might not be able to create or have their own style. That's not a good thing.

• It's whatever. A lot of public schools are like prisons nowadays anyway. Just another downside of not being a legal adult until age 18.

• They're very good and if people have a problem with them then they have problems.

• Don't really care. There's bigger problems in the school system, so the focus shouldn't be on what you have to wear. My middle school had uniforms and I didn't care, I just wore them. I heard so many people piss and moan about them that I think that was the start of me hating people lol

What Girls Said 7

• Depends on the dress code. Dress codes that focus on girls are pretty obviously sexist. And dress codes that are too strict (no leggings, no tank tops, no bra straps showing) are stupid and can be harmful as well. But I understand the need for more general dress codes, or dress code about things like certain symbols, messages, no dangerous objects, and stuff like that is reasonable.

• There is nothing wrong with a dress code in a public school. There NEEDS to be one in each school, in my opinion.

• As a teacher I see that students who have a uniform have a more focused attitude…. It also helps a little with bullying

• Bullshit...

• I think they maintain a professional environment.

• Some things like no tank tops are a little ridiculous , but overall I support the dress code.

• I don't really see a point to them since there isn't a dress code outside of school so why should there be one during school?