Most every girl I know seems to wear obscene amounts of makeup. So I need to ask, what's the deal with all the makeup?

Most, if not every girl I know seems to wear obscene amounts of makeup. I'm not just talking a bit of lipstick and eyeshadow/mascara, I'm taking makeup all over the face, eye designs that go back to the temples, cheeks turned pinker than roses, and lips that literally shine to the point where my eyes BURN.
They say it makes them look better when it really makes them look like a gargoyle. Guys like a girl without makeup astronomically better.

So my question is:

Why do girls spend so much money on makeup they practically bathe in? Do they actually think it makes them look better, or are they hiding something? And why do they continue to waste hours every morning applying it even if a guy honestly tells her she looks better without it?

I really just don't get it.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Once you start wearing make up you get really used to it and most girls actually get insecure when they do not wear make up, it makes you feel almost naked and once you are used to seeing you face with make up it just looks weird without...
    Unfortunately a lot of girls take make up to a whole new ugly level which should be illegal.

I used to be scared to leave the door without make up too, but once i got a dog and need to get out early every morning to walk him i've been able to just let it go and don't give a crap and its really nice actually! I now only wear make up to party's.

What Girls Said 5

• For some people, it is an art form, a way to express themselves. It is also important to remember that girls do not present themselves the way they do solely for guys. A big part though comes back to society and the media. All of the celebrity role models and the media essentially tell us that we are imperfect, but this new product will make us perfect. We are taught to think that acne is unacceptable so we must cover it, we are taught that our face will look skinnier if we contour. So we do. We do to fit in and because we are taught that by doing this we are prettier, we are closer to perfect.

• I don't wear make up but my friends do. Sometimes I get eyebags and I have acne scars and I don't have a perfectly contoured face. I'm the loser in the group and no guy has ever looked at me for the second time. So I guess that's why girls wear make up.

• Confidence booster or if applied correctly can enhance her looks. Personally I run around with a naked face and still get complements even when I don't feel pretty. I only wear make up once in a while.

• If you saw most of those girls without makeup I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be able to handle it

• They are insecure and want to hide imperfections.
    It gives confidence boost and thry believe it makes them look more beautiful. They wear it because they like it and think it looks good. Girls make up how they want, not how some guy likes it. It's for us not you.

Also some girls just don't know how to properly put make up on.

Sure make up costs but women are encouraged to look prettier. Why? Because guys want a girl that is pretty.