How big is too big to wear clothes from places Like AE, Abercrombie, and Hollister?

Okay, so I'm a bigger guy, but I like to look stylish, so I get clothes mostly at AE Abercrombie Holister and Aero. I am wondering if there are some people who are just too fat to wear these kind of clothes (especially Abercrombie and Hollister), AE and Aero are not as bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it fits comfortably then there is no problem, the brand has nothing to do with it.

What Girls Said 6

• I think you can make any one of those brands stylish and flattering on any body type, its all about sizes and fit.

For instance say you go to buy a button down shirt or something, your usually a large, you try it on and it fits well everywhere else but the chest or something. Well then go for the extra large, and if that fits well in the chest and a little more loose then you would like everywhere else, you can simple altar it to fit you by going somewhere to get it done or asking someone you know who sews.

Its a simple rule that everyone with all body types should follow, its all in how things fit, and most people don't have the same body type, so one generic size won't fit all of that size category, if that makes sense to you.

Even I, being slim, can't just buy a size small and call it a day. I have a larger bust and a bit of a butt, so I even have to altar clothing to fit appropriately.

Hope that helps a bit!

• There isn't a weight restriction, as long as you can comfortably fit into the clothes, it's fine! If you like to shop there and it makes you happy, go for it!

• As long as you try it on and it fits then I don't see why you couldn't buy your clothes there.

I think it's nice you're paying attention to your appearance :)

• why are guys still wearing these brands?! I not even sure why girls are still wearing the lol if your a bigger guy..OWN IT! stick to solid colors and simplicity. when a big man has a simple style everyone knows when he walks into a room :)

• If you fit in the clothes comfortably then go ahead whatever brand makes you feel good go for it :D

• if you cannot comfortably fit in the largest size and look flattering, you are too big. if that's not the case then AE, A&F, and Hollister away!

What Guys Said 5

• Benjammin09,

You're paying way too much for your clothes. I can buy a kickass tailored suit for the same amount of money that a dude who shops at Abercrombie does for a pair of jeans and a button up shirt. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it looks good.

• You are too fat for those clothes if they accentuate your weight and make you look fat. For those brands, I think weight and more importantly Age. Those clothes are made for young guys. Once you get into your late 20's, you will be too old for those clothes.

• If they have your size, you're not too big for those brands.

You know what I'm talking about! How the labels and advertising are, and the whole 'image' thing, etc. So I would just say don't worry about it.For example, I heard Aero doesn't carry past size 36

As a sidenote, when I first read the title I thought you were referring to your age (think high-school labels). Ha!

• Dude, who cares. Just wear what you think looks good on you.

• do what you feel is right...or what looks good to you.