Sexualized pop music?

I know i know you always hear that and it sucks and etc......
But for REAL,isn't it really suck how popstars sexualize music,i mean music is music and sex is sex WHY to mix them up?

• yeah it sucks
  • no it's good

Most Helpful Guy

• Sex sells as they say. It's in everything.
    My argument about music is why do they have to fill so many songs with explicit lyrics. I don't see the need and I don't like it

What Girls Said 3

• As much as we'd like to deny it sex is a large part of our culture. From the moment we know babies exist we're trying to figure out where they come from, how they were made. At any age sex is interesting. It's always changing. The truth is pop music that talk about sex is really just a reflection of how society views sex.
    In the 50's it was something to avoid talking about but it was hinted at and music then reflected that idea. Now sex is normal, widely talked about and considered fun so our music reflects that idea about sex.

• Also sex is easily relatable to people of most ages. After the age of 12 pretty much very one knows about it. Young teen stars will talk about beig anxious their first time which is something that relates to teens. Then sleeping around and having fun which relates to 20 something's. Them all about making love to some you care about 30+. Once again it's a relatable to most age groups

• Eh.. most music is about sex.. well at least the genres I've heard. Rnb, pop, rap...
    I occasionally go for country or rock, alternative if I'm really tired of the twerking and hoe bouncing..

• Alternative is cool!:-D

• Okay
      But breaking Benjamin sucks lol
      :-D

• Opinion. Thanks for that!! Bye now

• For some weird reason I like it.

What Guys Said 4

• It seems to have increased with the video age - When I was young a video was the band performing a song then they started having little stories now they all seem to be about semi clad women. Most of the stuff they wear in videos today would make a stripper blush.

• Pop needs Michael Jackson so bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q

• Because music like that is meant to be marketed, not to be creative. These big music record labels know that sex will sell, so they'll incorporate as much of that as possible into their mediocre craft.

• It's all about the $$$$$$$.