Is a lot of makeup really a turn off?

I wear a lot of mascara and eyeliner because I have small eyes, like kind of squinty and so when I wear makeup I look literally 100 times better because my eyes appear a lot bigger. I also wear bronzer on my cheeks since I'm tan, usually skin colored or pale pink lip gloss and a tiny bit of concealer to cover my acne, is this way too much? I have long blonde hair too which makes me feel kind of like people think I'm trying to look like barbie, idk.

Does this turn guys off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Too much makeup is a turn off. I always say less is more. Some guys prefer a lot of makeup, but not me. It's hard to tell just by your description, but it sounds like a tad too much for my taste. But then again it might work for you. Each girl is different.

What Guys Said 4

• It's a turn off if you are wearing too much. If I can easily see that you are wearing makeup it's too much. It should be enough to make you look good but not so much that you are obviously covering something up.

• i think that if you use makeup right, it looks really hot but I don't really like girls that wear a lot of makeup

• ive never been a fan of makeup really

• If it doesn't look natural, then it will probably be a turn off.

What Girls Said 3

• I sure hope it NOT! Most guys say "Yes, It's a turn off", but some guys don't even know a girl is wearing makeup unless she told him or he saw her without it. I think TOO MUCH makeup can be a turnoff to anyone who has to look at the girl. Wearing enough makeup to enhance your beauty should be alright. Concealer, Eyeliner, Mascara, and lip gloss should do the job.

I seriously think guys say "No." to makeup because they can't wear it themselves! If they wore makeup and understood the positive effect it has, they would be addicted to it too!

• well you should put up a picture of you! so we could actaully see and tell.

• If you put on so much mascara that it looks like its in clumps and it rubs off around your eyes. Then yes. That is a turn out. Makeup isn't a turn off. If its not blended properly then its a turn off.

If the makeup color is too heavy on the eyes. It looks stupid. If you have a fake tan. that is a turn off. You don't want to look orange.