I'm just curious because this is a brand of vehicles that most people seem to have some sort of opinion on and after Ford sold them back to a Swedish company they sort of got a make over to appeal to the younger crowd.
I've heard many people associate them with NPR liberals or people that still view them for nothing more than safety and something you buy when you're a having kids.
I fit into the category of buying one because I wanted a nice car that I could drive for upwards of a decade and still have it be a respectable car to drive around clients for business as they tend to hold up well. But I also really like the sporty new look, turbo charge and pick up in sport mode. It feels about as nice as driving a Lexus or BMW but at about 20% less and I liked that it was seen not as Luxury but safe and dependable.
Honestly I got it at 2 years old for about the same out the door as the Toyota I bought at the same age/ mileage but I've had some people at work react as if I just bought a Benz.
- Conservative family wagons0% (0)17% (1)9% (1)Vote
- Sporty car for the young and hip as well as fit for families40% (2)17% (1)27% (3)Vote
- Good cars fancier than a VW but not a luxury brand0% (0)50% (3)27% (3)Vote
- I don't have an opinion60% (3)0% (0)27% (3)Vote
- midrange car for liberals who don't want to admit to driving a luxury vehicle0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- I wouldn't drive one or date anyone who did.0% (0)16% (1)10% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Funny this sort of question should come up. I have a 97 Volvo that I wouldn't trade for a BMW or Lexus. I am impressed at how good it handles and it drives like a Caddy. It has more miles than I care for , but I feel it's supper dependable and requires little maintainance. So I agree you made a wise investment. While they are viewed as being one of the safest cars on the road , I give it an A for being cost effective as well1