Are looks really that important?

if an amazing girl is a little over weight is she automatically denied?

Or do boys really not give a f*** as long as a chick is chill ?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a tough question to answer because the truth is going to sound a-holish. The truth is, is that most overweight girls have no confidence. So automatically they don't want to be a part of things. And 99% of the time in my day if an overweight girls does have confidence it's actually fake confidence because they are the ones that reject the idea that anyone would be interested in them. So they ease up knowing or thinking severly that no guy will like them. Let me tell you, I'm 24 now and I would date girls I never thought I would. It's a maturity thing. When I was in high school every guy wanted the hot but 'easy to talk to' girl. So you had 500 guys going for 50 girls, instead of 500 guys going for 500 girls. It was dumb looking back on it. I'm a victim because sometimes I come off too strong, but when a girls really gets to know me they wish that they'd met me earlier. And can I do anything about it? No! That's why I, and all people should live in the present. If I used my past to influence my current life, I'd be screwed and different. I do have a limit, but I've noticed I actually prefer a girl that has some meat on her. I'm not talking obese, more like a girl that's 130 and should be 120. I'm 24 and I'd rather get to know someone on an intellectual level than on a lets just have sex level.

What Guys Said 5

• I personally love if a girl has a little more meat on the bones and isn't skinny as a stick. Any guy who does ask there girls to be "ideal weight" well...cant speak for em, but I say they are missing out on some great girls :D

• Chill, not sure what that means. The biggest factor is how willing she is to go along with the males sexual desires.

• its all in her personalty, if she has a really good personality that would get guys coming back for more. I know I would go back to her. So what if she is a little overweight I would still hang with her all the time as long as her personality is there

• it really depends on the guy, like how much meat they want. but seriously, from a medical standpoint, it's just plain healthy to not be overweight >.>

• no way, if she is an awesome person the being a little overweight doesn't matter (but obesity obviously isn't a turn on)

What Girls Said 1

• Every guy is different. Some guys dig the extra pounds. My boyfriend is an ass and thigh man. :) I also think as guys get older looks start to take 2nd place to personality. I'm in my mid-20s and when I was in my late teens for guys it was all about looks. But I find a lot of my guy friends now want to date a girl with substance and someone to match up with their personality. Looks will always play a role because you need that physical attraction, but that is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think the problem is they're not attracted to a girl with a little weight, but a social acceptance situation. The media portrays beauty in women as being a certain shape that not every woman is blessed with. To be with someone who is not that "ideal figure" and admit to being attracted to them opens you up for ridicule because you're going "against the grain." I think it's something you grow out of and become less concerned about what other people think.