Who do you think will wear the Apple Watch more — men or women?

• Men
  • Women

Most Helpful Girl

• "Like we need something else to show us who the real douchebags are"

-Anna Kendrick

What Girls Said 39

• I think more men will wear it. It looks like something that will appeal to them more. There needs to be a more feminine looking one for women.

But really, only the people who have $1000 to throw away on a gimmicky watch are going to wear it.

• I said men, though probably both would be similar. The reason I said men was the design... If it were a bit more dainty, it would appeal to more women, since it is jewelry in a sense that you wear every day.

• I'm pretty sure more men will wear it. It's not very stylish. It's tech-y. It's kind of a niche product, but I still think more men are interested in it.

• Men?

Not that many women wear watches and when they do they are styled more like bracelets than watches. We have handbags for our phones, we don't try to go everywhere bag free like men do. Partly because of lack of pockets.

• i think men would wear it, give me the moto 360 any day!

• I said women. just to say it. but who cares? not tryin to be rude here.. but what in the world is going on with this world... an apple watch? wow...

• I would never wear such a thing. I would highly prefer a regular watch instead.

• Accidentally said women but I mean to vote men. There's a few reasons for this.

1: It's a bit chunky
    The Apple watch looks quite big and chunky, I hate this and I'm sure many other women do.

2: Not very feminine looking
    Disagree with me if you want, but the Apple watch does not look very feminine. Most of the women/girls I've met in my life have very small wrists, so a watch like this would not look very nice.

3: Not dressy
    I like to wear a pretty but simple watch when going out on dates or formal events. This watch would not look very nice at 'dressy' outings.

• I would think men might but who knows.

Only reason why I wouldn't have one is because it's an Apple product.

• I don't think it's fashionable enough for many women to want to wear it.

• Men...
    I don't see it on women as much.

• Men. The self-proclaimed techies and businessmen. Plus, there's no pink model. WHERE'S MY FUCKING PINK CUTSIE-WOOTSIE WATCH?

• Equal. It appears to be more obvious for men, but I voted for the girls just for the heck of it.
    I actually think for the rich teenagers it would be more suitable for them.

• Men!! I barely see women wear watches in general esp electric ones

• Its still a little large for the average women's wrist. I don't think they make a smartwatch that really works for women yet.

• I hope it ends up like the google glass where if you actually wear one you get you beaten up

• Men. I don't like the sharp corners of it.

• I think, it'll be men. Because men are more attracted to brands than women. Women usually look for pretty and adorable ones; not the popular and branded ones, in my opinion.

• i say men.. it doesn't look that appealing to women in my opinion

• Men, because they usually like gadgets. I personally don't see the point in it.

• It looks more masculine. I would not wear it.. but then again, I do not wear watches in general.

• It looks like something a man would wear. It doesn't look sexy and feminine to me.

• Have u seen the various types of bands they come in? :-D

I have to say the sport bands looks the most appealing:

http://www.apple.com/watch/apple-watch-sport/

• @RationalLioness I didn't even notice that! :-P

I don't have an iPhone so an iWatch wouldn't have much functionality for me.

If I did ever get a wearable tech item, it would be the Microsoft Fitness band, because it's compatible with Windows, Android (yay me!), and Windows Phone:

http://www.microsoft.com/Microsoft-Band/en-us

• Lol @Prof_Don wow, android huh? #teamapple over here and I find it ironic that I wouldn't wear it hahaha.

• I would assume women, but it could be a balance of both depending on where.

• Men.

It's too fugly for women.

• wooah it looks awesome tho! but yeah most probs men!

• Probably men

• Men bc women need a big camera to take selfies.

#basic

• Probably men

• Definitely men

• I dont really like the way it looks to be honest.

• More from Girls
    9

What Guys Said 45

• Initially, more men will wear it because wearing it confers status and wealth. Eventually, its utility as a useful device will become fully realized. At that point, as with all other communications technologies, the device will be more popular with women.

This pattern has been followed from the land line telephone to the personal computer, to the cell phone and digital camera and continues with the smart phone and tablet.

Men get the device for the device itself. Women get the device because it makes her life easier or it connects her to others.

• You said everything what I wanted to write :)

• That's funny, you said it's utility as a useful device will become fully realized, and you're talking about an Apple product.

• @LeonardChurch

Just because I don't want an iPad an iBook or an iPhone doesn't mean that millions of others are not happy with these products.

As to what counts as full realization of a device's utility, in the Apple world, the needs of women define most of the specs of a design.

That is my point about the watch they are offering. Right now the price is attractive to men in that it provides exclusivity and a display of wealth. Eventually, the engineering will be completed to provide women with a product they want, and the price will be lowered to the point where women are willing to buy it.

• Men tend to like gadgets like that more. Most women wouldn't wear it unless it went with their outfit. Overall I don't think it will sell very well. I know one guy that loves the idea, but I don't know anyone else that cares about it all all. While the idea is interesting it isn't going to be very practical for the uses most people care about.

• Initially the women (gfs & wives) cause it's their right and privilege :-D But finally it will be the men and techies wearing more of it (the husbands after the wives tire of it & go back to their designer stuff lol)

• Men.

There's a small chance it's long term more popular with women.

I think some people will drift to using, for example, a watch + a phablet (like a 6 plus or larger even). They'll use the watch for everything quick and pull the phablet out less often. I guess that might appeal more to women who stash their phone in their bag?

I don't know.

• I definitely think women will wear it more, since they're more focused on jewelry and accessories. Most men I know don't care about jewelry or accessories such as this. I will NOT be wasting my money on this.

• I believe the standard ones will be about equal.
    The Sport will be worn mostly by men.
    The Edition will mostly be worn by girls from China that had it bought for them by their wealthier spouse.

I seriously can't think of anyone who would buy the Edition as anyone who wants an expensive watch will buy a real watch from one of the pedigree watchmakers.

• Neither. I think it will be a complete flop.
    Nobody wears watches anymore.

• I think men will wear it more. Men, moreso than women, tend to be into that "top of the line" tech stuff.

I'm just curious when I will end up seeing someone with that gold plated Apple watch! :-P

• The squared off design definitely looks more masculine. I'd guess that something like a 5:1 dudes to girls ratio.

I kinda think it's gonna be a flop anyway, though.

• I think males tend to be more into "techy" stuff and therefore would find a better use for a smart watch such as this one.

• I think more hipster rich kids will wear it.

• I've had an android smart watch for months bought it as a novelty it has become a part of my life. A patient of mine who works for apple was wearing it and he demo'd it for me. It was cool looked nice but it didn't do anything mine didn't do. Apple users will be happy for sure. I dont understand the price point of 400-20000 dollars for a device that will be obsolete by the end of the year

• Men want to feel like James bond...

• Probably men by quite a wide margin.

• I saw a woman wearing it on "Inside Edition" i find it sort of feminine looking

• Apple is for women and students. Thats their demographic.

• That watch is horrid. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that monstrosity.

• Anyone who gets this... I shall glare from atop a stallion as they are consumed by consumerism

• Shallow asexual trendoids with more money than sense.

• That's a funny looking watch probably the women though.

• status symbol. like everything else on this damn planet

• Definitely made for men, It has been verified by Star Lord alredy!

• Douche bag hipsters. That isn't gender exclusive.

• I am sticking with Rolex and Patek.

• I think more men than women. But I won't be one of them.

• Maybe if normal watch i could say men... but this design and type of watch it should be better for girls..

• You left out a 3rd option: people who like to waste money.

• Steve Jobs could shit on people's heads and they'd still wear it proudly.

• I think girls, but I don't know about that kind of watch.

• Men-leaning, but not typically men.

• More from Guys
    15