Advice on working at A&F (Abercrombie and Fitch)?

Who works at A&F (Abercrombie and Fitch)? Or has worked there recently?
What is the recruiting process, being a model, and how are the employees' experiences?

Anyone else worked there? The more people, the better :) I want some advice.
Anyone... lol you guys all ignore these kinds of questions. But seriously, I bet more than one person on this site has worked at Abercrombie and Fitch.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know people have worked there, may I be of any help?

• Oh you do... but I'm asking if you have worked there yourself. Do you know much about the company at all?

• See? You agree that I wasted your time. -_-

• No I said I hope because I'm not certain. But I don't think you wasted my time.

What Guys Said 7

• They hire like any other store, walk in, look good and professional hand a resume in and viola you might have a job. They just call them models because unlike other retail stores this entitles the store to hire people based off appearances. They also have you wear all their clothes so essentially you are a model of the clothes while at work. They do offer discounts but not that great (10% with maybe holiday extras) My sister worked there for just over a year and said it was okay. Things to watch out for would be the smell can certainly make you light headed over time, they suck with hours (as many small retail stores do) sometime only giving 8-12 hours a week but if a part time is all you need I suppose it wouldn't be a problem.

• Okay. Do they actually recruit people based on their looks?

• Gotcha :) Thank you for your help!!

• Yep no problem. Viel Ehrfolg!

• No don't know too much about them

• do you have experience on retail stores?
    if not it may help you start working on target, JCpenny, Sears etc. so you can learn some folding and how to organize. Or just go talk with the manager and and show how bad you want the job

• Hm no, I do not. But I was recruited to work for A&F. Do they actually recruit people based on looks?

• Okay, fair enough.

• Oops, that was meant for a different post.

• Just remember, they don't like fat or ugly people. If you're attractive you'll be fine.

• I was recruited to work for A&F. The lady at the checkout counter asked me if I was 17 years old and if I was interested for working for them. I said I wasn't 17 yet, so she said, "Okay, tell anyone who you know who is 17 or older to apply here." And then she gave me an application card with Abercrombie and Fitch Casting at the top. So since I was recruited, does that mean I am pretty?

• Hello?

• I don't know.

• Just move on for christs sake. Lots of fish in then sea.

• What? What are you talking about? I was recruited to work for A&F, not interviewed. The lady at the checkout counter asked me if I was 17 years old and if I was interested for working for them. I said I wasn't 17 yet, so she said, "Okay, tell anyone who you know who is 17 or older to apply here." And then she gave me an application card with Abercrombie and Fitch Casting at the top. So since I was recruited, does that mean I am pretty?

• Lol we all have imperfections. I'm 19 but I can't grow hair what so ever. By the sounds of it, you are very pretty, hope that answers your question.

• Oh, interesting about your hair. And yeah, that does answer my question. You know, I wasn't looking for validation. I have enough of that!

• I worked there 2 years ago during the school year.

• That's awesome! I have a couple questions that I hope you don't mind answering?

• Thanks lol, i dont mind at all. ask away. If you feel more comfortable you can pm me.

• kk I just PMed you!

• what kind of model like lingerie model

• No, like A&F model.

• Maybe. Well thanks for your help!

• sure no problem

What Girls Said 11

• I am under the impression that a&f only hire attractive girls and boys. Someone I knew worked there and said that the ones hired that weren't as attractive, work the slow hours. So I mean if you want to work in a place like that, go for it

• Believe what you want. You're fifteen, you'll grow older and understand how real life works, eventually.

• Whatever... thanks for your help.

• never worked there but i feel like that place is so judgmental of body image if your not perfect your not acceptable. tbh i wouldn't work for a place like that again. i worked for express which is similar if your not pretty you dont get a job. got offered a job there but id never take it all theywant is twigs working for them id ratherwork for a company who doesn't discriminate against people like that. but good luck if you got a job there its totally worth min wage.

• Right... so you've never worked there?

• express. com look it up.
      its basically young adult fashion dressy party stuff business stuff if your first starting your career that kinda thing.

• Gotcha :) Thanks for your help!!!

• Basically, from what I've read, they like "decent - good looking people" to work there. Like, not crazy good looking like legit models but your everyday good looking teenagers.
    I think if you want to move on to becoming a legit model, you'll have to go about it another way, since I'm sure the managers at retail outlets can't select you for THAT kind of modelling.

• hiiii

• omg... it's been more than a month and you still haven't responded.

• Theyre shit. I wouldn't work. there.. thry make you buy thier clothes as uniforms with Your paycheck & you have to wear wts in style & they tell you to only help out the atractive people & to look busy when ugly or fat people come

• Well yeah, I know... I was recruited to work for A&F. The lady at the checkout counter asked me if I was 17 years old and if I was interested for working for them. I said I wasn't 17 yet, so she said, "Okay, tell anyone who you know who is 17 or older to apply here." And then she gave me an application card with Abercrombie and Fitch Casting at the top. So since I was recruited, does that mean I am pretty?

• Oh wait never mind... bye

• Are you planning on applying there?

• I was recruited to work there. The manager asked me to work as a model for them.

• Just wondering, gosh...

• Watch out for thieves

• Well... I was recruited to work for A&F. The lady at the checkout counter asked me if I was 17 years old and if I was interested for working for them. I said I wasn't 17 yet, so she said, "Okay, tell anyone who you know who is 17 or older to apply here." And then she gave me an application card with Abercrombie and Fitch Casting at the top. So since I was recruited, does that mean I am pretty?

• Excuse me, but will you answer or not? Or are you going to continue to ignore me and be rude? Because it's not nice to ignore someone like this.

• Your ass should learn how to read in between the lines. Stop asking stupid questions and stop questioning me.

• I quit working there late last year

• Okay cool. I was recruited to work for A&F. The lady at the checkout counter asked me if I was 17 years old and if I was interested for working for them. I said I wasn't 17 yet, so she said, "Okay, tell anyone who you know who is 17 or older to apply here." And then she gave me an application card with Abercrombie and Fitch Casting at the top. So since I was recruited, does that mean I am pretty?

• Fucking hell I don't know. Us is different

• Okay thanks for helping

• They use an agency for hiring models, that about all I know.

• I mean, they call their regular store employees "models" even though they aren't. But I want to be a real, legit model for A&F. And I was recruited to work for A&F. Do they actually recruit people based on looks?

• This question was asked a few months ago. By that time, I already picked an MHO. Then a week ago, I felt like I needed more help, so I asked someone to help me answer it. And then more and more answers came flooding in. THAT is why there is an MHO. But I wish I could give the MHO to someone else.

• You said "okay, fair enough" on someone else's reply. Was that directed to him or me?

• All i know about this brand is that the designer is an asshole. A long time ago there was this itw that went viral where he says that he never wants fat and ugly people to wear his brand because it was not made for them and they will ruin it and blablabla

• Lol I know!!! I heard about it and I was like wow... But I was recruited to work for A&F. Do they actually recruit people based on looks?

• Huh?

• I love that store.

• lol me too!!! But I was recruited to work for A&F. Do they actually recruit people based on looks?

• Geesh lady. No it doesn't count.

• Well, thank you for responding :) I guess I was scouted then.

• working as a model or in the store?

• I mean, they call their regular store employees "models" even though they aren't. But I want to be a real, legit model for A&F. How do I do that? And I was recruited to work for A&F. Do they actually recruit people based on looks?

• HI!!!