Is the color red considered too feminine?

I recently bought some red sneakers and my friend said it looks gay.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but red shoes/sneakers on guys aren't always well recieved. I know some people (girls) who hate guys in red shoes but who cares? My teen brother loves his red sneakers but he doesn't care what people think if it is a style he likes.

Hell, guys are even making pink look good in football. Cleats, gloves, laces, tape, etc. almost not owning a piece of pink gear football is lame. Haters will hate, so don't worry about it.

• I don't know about which type of football you're talking, but if you're referring to soccer Real Madrid would be a good example. They have pink away kits. :)

• My brother plays North American football but yeah- both footballs. :)

What Girls Said 7

• No ways... red is not a feminine color. I know plenty of guys who wear red or who's favorite color is red and none of them are gay or come across as that in any way. Your friend is just jealous.

• "Red, the color of blood and fire, is associated with meanings of love, passion, desire, heat, longing, lust, sexuality, sensitivity, romance, joy, strength, leadership, courage, vigor, willpower, rage, anger, danger, malice, wrath, stress, action, vibrance, radiance, and determination"

As said on google. I know PLENTY of men who love red. It's not gay. Thats just a term thats being thrown around today as a thing of rejection. Your friend should look it up.

• He definetely should. Thanks. :)

• No it's really neutral like blue or green. But who cares if it's feminine because women are awesome an gay people are too

• Yes it's the color of the residue of creation and destruction.

• ... I think it is equally balanced between feminine and masculine.

• Nop. i consider red as unisex color.

• My male friends favorite color is red. there is nothing wrong with it.

• Oh I think it looks really hot on some guys... everybody has an opinion I guess :)

What Guys Said 4

• Nah man, tell him to fuck off. I've had these for too long right now:
    s11.postimg.org/9jizq8aky/20150303_080148.jpg
    If you want to wear red sneakers, you do. I'll tell you this, people have told me these shoes look great on me, but even if they hadn't, who cares? If I like them then I wear them, and so should you.

• You're right. I see some guys started wearing pink recently, why would someone judge me for wearing red?

• Lol, you're friend is a moron. Enjoy the shoes ;)

• Red is not a feminine color. What are the style of the shoes?

• Low top Converse All Star.

• Hell no! Who told you that?

• My best friend. Not to be mean or anything, but he's a little retrosexual, I think that would be the term.

• Ok, but red is not feminine. That's ridiculous.

• Yup, that's what I told him.