Girls, pulling off suspenders in a masculine, non-hipster way?

Is this was a good look on a guy? If a guy turned up on a date wearing this plus some brown boots what would you think?

Also, I know you're traditionally not supposed to wear a belt with suspenders but I like it so I'm sticking with it.

• This is a good look
    80% (16)
  • This is a bad look
    20% (4)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it, it's cute. But I'd go with more of a contrast between your pants and shirt color.
    =)

And, unfortunately, it's difficult to pull off anything hipsters wear ironically as something serious... They ruin everything. Haahah xD

• Thanks :) I'll probably vary the shirt's shade of blue between sky and navy. Maybe it'll make me look really good compared to the hipsters? haha

• I would say so. =)
      Hopefully they don't think you're one of their won... o. O I hear that's a situations that's hard to get out of. Haha

• Ah, thank you! ^-^
      Good luck looking sharp!

What Girls Said 8

• I like it cause it's quirky and unexpected. But I also like hipsters

• I really like the look of suspenders. I'd probably wear them, myself.

• That's fine. Doesn't look hipster-ish at all, actually.

• It actually looks very cute+sexy. Good job, not a lot of guys can pull it off without looking like a hipster

• Thanks, I'll have some Ron Swanson quotes ready if anyone mistakes me for one ;)

• I always think it looks hipster

• My sister freaks out every time she sees a guy in suspenders. :) She doesn't like the hipster-type suspender look, though. She only likes the Amish or farmer type look.

• Well I don't have the beard or hat to be an Amish, I guess I'm a farmer then? ;)

• It's totally cool and very old school. This is what I would hope a guy would show up to a date in.

• I think its really attractive and sorta old-school.